I stayed at this hotel in June 2009 while in Chicago to attend a sporting event at Soldier Field. The hotel is located just outside the loop and to the south of a major highway.
The hotel appears to have been recently renovated. The amenities are modern and new. The bathrooms are rather large and quite functional. The hotel is located in the heart of the medical district, and as a result there are not many restaurants or shops in the immediate area. The closest CTA station is the Polk station on the pink line, which is directly connected to the loop. The hotel does offer a shuttle that leaves every half hour to bring you to local restaurants as well as to the Racine stop on the blue line, which will bring you to O'Hare Airport.
My only complaint was the air conditioning wasn't working properly in my end of the hotel, and the hotel maintenance was slow to fix it after numerous rooms complained about it. Otherwise, the hotel staff was knowledgeable and friendly, and the hotel is in an excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel located opposite Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center & University of Illinois-Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chicago Marriott At Medical District/Uic Hotel Chicago
- Marriott Chicago Downtown Medical District