“Unexpected Great Stay”

Ranked #129 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Forest City, Iowa
“Unexpected Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My two young sons and I were displaced by a late Amtrak train upon our arrival into Chicago and missed our connecting train. Amtrak put us up in this wonderful hotel. The front desk was simply awesome at check in. I asked if pizza deliverymen were allowed to bring the pizza upstairs or if we had to come down to pick up the pizza. The front desk clerk said that we had to come down but after looking at my tired children she said that with my permission she would allow the pizza man to come upstairs. A very nice touch. The lobby was simply beautiful. The evevators clean and well decorated. The room was spotless and the bed so comfy. Check out was a breeze and we were thanked for staying with Marriott. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Great service and employees and a wonderful room and most of all a very good nights sleep. Thanks Marriott!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith H
CHIDM, Manager at Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
houstonguy2010,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reveiw your stay with us on TripAdvisor; we are always looking for guest feedback of any kind. It is always nice to hear when our Guests enjoy the accommodations and service that we provide them, especially when they are displaced due to unexpected events, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future, and until then we wish you all the best.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chicago,IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

Had a great time. Very Clean!! What more can I say? I highly recommend

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CHIDM, Manager at Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Uhall,

Thank you very much for staying with us last month; we are very appreciative of your business. It is always nice to hear when our Guests enjoy the accommodations and service that we provide them, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future, and until then we wish you all the best.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed here for a night while on a business trip in Chicago. For where the meeting was the hotel is well situated. For where the good/fun parts of Chicago are I would not want to stay here.

The hotel itself was ok - nothing terribly wrong with it, but nothing overly positive about it either. The room was nice, and clean. My TV didn't work at first but they sent someone to fix it immediately. The breakfast was terrible - for an $18 buffet there was no eggs! Also the wireless was not free - which is annoying considering the price for a room. On the whole it was fine for a night when I had a meeting in the area the next day. But I'd never stay there if my goal was to enjoy my time in Chicago.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
CHIDM, Manager at Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
THEBafanaBafana,

Thank you very much for staying with us in April; your business is greatly appreciated. I appreciate the excellent ratings you gave us in cleanliness, service, and sleep quality, and I will share them with our staff. We take great pride in providing top-notch accommodations, and it looks like we did in those areas. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with our location and breakfast buffet. Our location is very convenient to Downtown, as it is either 3 exits down the expressway, or a few shorts stops on the subway train located only 2 blocks from the Hotel (we also have free shuttle service within a 1 mile radius). Our breakfast buffet does include all-you-can-eat eggs and omelets, and most every single day we have a chef at the omelet station located in the buffet area.

I hope that you will return to stay with us again; please feel welcome to contact me if you do so.

In the Spirit to Serve,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I along with our two children, 5 and 2, stayed here for a short weekend get away. It's very easy to get here by any mode of transportation. $10ish for a taxi from downtown, three blocks from pink line and four block to the bus that will take you to the museums. The neighborhood is quiet with great food just a couple blocks away.

The front desk staff was great with directions and the shuttle driver will take you anywhere within about a mile of the hotel. They are all very accommodating and helpful!

While there is no pool or great views this hotel is incredibly comfortable, clean and easy to get to. Our family will probably stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011
travelindreams,

Thank you very much for staying with us this month; we are very appreciative of your business. It is always nice to hear when our Guests enjoy the accommodations and service that we provide them, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future, and until then we wish you all the best.

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

i stayed there 5 nights and even thought the location is perfect if you need to stay close the UIC hospital the hotel is quite miserable.
the goods points are: a shuttle that brings you and come to pick you at the hospital and a big room.
the bad points are: my room was dirty, i found pills from a previous client on the carpet, i left a sock in the middle of the room in the morning and by the evening it was still there, the restaurant service is terrible you need at least 40 minutes to receive your order and the evening staff is quiet unbearable.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vpdrzn
alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

First off this is a hotel for families to stay while a loved one is at the Medical Center. If you want to see Chicago, go elsewhere. It's a basic hotel, no fancy bells or whistles. But if you need a place near the medical center it can't be beat.

I spent a week in the same hotel room with my son, post surgery. The front desk helped me find good lunches, exercise, do laundry, grocery shop, get downtown on the trains, etc. The weather was never above freezing, so I needed help to get everywhere. I was surprised when the week was over and we hadn't killed each other! I think this is a good buy.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

In the medical district for business and stayed 2 nights. I would like to comment on how friendly and helpful the staff were and the well appointed room that met my expectations. Although not a large hotel, the services, food and attention to detail were very good. From the front desk personnel, the van drivers to the wait staff: all were friendly, professional and genuinely caring. My experience here was positive and I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business