“Now the CLARION HOTEL”

Quality Inn Midway Airport
Ranked #144 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 22, 2012

While a little dated the room and hotel are satisfactory. Room clean plenty of towels whole hotel is non-smoking. Only wish they would triple sheet the bed. Big flat screen in room and couch as well as aq nice little work area. The hotel has a 24 hour shuttle to Midway airport and the orange line train to downtown Chicago. In addition the bus stops right outside the hotel 24/7/365 to take you from/to the elevated. either way about 20 scenic minutes to the loop. Very convenient for seeing sights of Chicago while leaving your car in their free lot. Shopping mall and restaurants abound in the area.

Room Tip: Try for the fifth floor as it seems to be the least noisy although not much noise anywhere
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank darsben

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I got stranded in Chi due to a flight cancellation and was desperate to find a hotel that would not break the bank. Four Points is not one of the names I usually trust for a quality stay but since it was the only hotel with a vacancy that would not cost an arm and a leg, I decided to take a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. While the hotel shows some wear, the staff was very friendly, greatly appreciated after the stress of being stranded, I had a decent meal at the adjoining restaurant for a good price, a good night’s sleep, the best complimentary breakfast that I have had in a long time and a friendly van driver getting me to the airport in the morning with plenty of time to catch my new flight.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve1362
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have stayed here several times when I have a very early flight to catch out of Midway. Hotel is convenient and has free parking. For the price, the hotel is adequate. It could use some updating but the staff is accomodating, price is right and it is quiet and convenient. It is now a Clarion property. Perhaps they will upgrade it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed in this hotel one night before flying out early from Midway. Thank goodness we didn't have to stay any longer. The hotel was filthy. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kara B
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were stranded in Chicago for 3 because of hurricane Irene wouldn't allow us to fly back to the Eastcoast from Arizona. Our choices were Denver or Chicago so we picked Chicago. This was an unexpected/extended trip so we didn't have a hotel or car lined up and not much money left. We started making calls to hotels in the airport using the phones provided down the escalator. Well, the big hotel chains (Hampton Inn, Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn) were all $170 - 200 a night. Then we called the Four Points Sheraton because I am a starwood preferred guest and I get points for staying there. We didn't call their first because it didn't say "Midway" and we thought it was further away than the others (but it wasn't). Well, they changed their name to Chicago Midway Airport Hotel (new ownership) and no longer were a part of the point programs. However, their rates were only $119 a night for a room with 2 beds. I KNOW!!! I couldn't believe my ears. And, they would come & get us for free and they offered a free shuttle to the subway & airport every half hour. Since we were going to be there for 3 days without a car that was ideal. Although I was thinking that this might be in a bad part of town or crappy rooms but we just couldn't afford to stay in the Marriott. So we took a chance and it was the quality of a Sheraton and not far from the bigger expensive hotels. We are talking 1/4 of a mile from the other hotels on the same street. The rooms were really nice, the restaurant had great food and employees were nice & helpful. We had a small issue with a slow draining tub and they fixed it immediately. Oh & free morning coffee always makes me happy! They have an outdoor pool that was well maintained and I think was heated and a work out room. We walked to Applebees & had dinner and it was great. There's also a hometown Buffet that you can walk to on the same side of the street. There was an Olive Garden across the street & down the road a little but I wasn't comfy crossing 4 lanes of traffic so we skipped Olive Garden. The hotel is right next door to a shopping mall if you needed anything you could walk & get it. What a great deal! Save your money & stay here. Thanks Chicago Midway Airport Hotel for making our unexpected say so great and affordable! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ILuvVacationing
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I stayed here one night when I got into chicago basically to take advantage of the free shuttle and crash in Chicago Thursday night before my weekend trip in the city.
The place was not very nice, but I used SPG points and it only required 3000 points so it was a great value just for the shuttle.
I also used the shuttle the next morning to take me to the subway which I took into the city.
Overall this place is pretty crummy and the area is not very nice either.
Ohare has much better options but Midway only has a handful of hotels nearby with free shuttles.
I would recomend this place to anyone who needs a shuttle to or from Midway and a quick place to sleep.
The property is showing its age.
I felt the staff was very unfriendly and the wait for the shuttle was a little excessive (over 30 minutes)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank stallion114
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I was so pleased with this hotel. The beds were so comfortable, great location, I felt safe there, I had the best rib-eye steak ever! Everything was clean and the staff was awesome. Seriously, it was a very pleasant ending to a long trip where we had to be at the aiport at 6am.

Room Tip: King Non-Smoking was really a non-smoking room which was great!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank annabohannon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park
Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Quality Inn Midway Airport? Share your experiences!