Our family of four spent 2 nights at Holiday Inn-Mart Plaza, Sunday-Tuesday. We booked through Groupon, choosing a basic room with 2 beds. We chose not to pay extra for a view. Surprisingly, we had an amazing view of the Chicago Skyline on the 18th floor. The room itself was very modern and was in great condition. Plenty of room and seating (2 chairs and a bench). Lobby and other public areas were nice as well, overall. Room service and parking was expensive, but typical of Chicago. I would definitely book again at a comparable price. Especially liked the "Bath and Body Works" products and the built-in reading lamps on the beds!
However, as always, there were a few areas needing improvement:
1) BATHROOM: Almost impossible to reach the toilet paper while sitting on the toilet itself, very poor design.Toilets very difficult to flush, needing to hold the lever down for at least 15 seconds for it to flush.
2)CUSTOMER SERVICE not very efficient, long waits at desk. However, my primary complaint is having to wait OVER AN HOUR for pool towels at the pool. My small kids were FROZEN!! I had to call several times. "Gloria", while very kind, told me that they only had one staff member/"runner" so that is why it took so long. I finally went down to the front desk---after waiting 15-20 minutes the gentleman came back with 3 towels, stating that was all he could find.. By the time I got back to the pool, the "runner" had come and brought 5, yes FIVE, towels for a full pool of people. There must be a shortage of towels there--we only had 2 full size towels in our room for a family of 4. I had to request extras for the next morning.
3) POOL AREA: Chlorine in the pool area very, very strong. Pool area not the cleanest. Very slippery floor.
Overall Satisified, better than I had anticipated for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enhance your family vacation, corporate travel, or romantic getaway by staying at the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North. Located atop the Chicago Sun-Times building presenting the best views of the Windy City from a unique 15th floor atrium lobby, our full-service hotel welcomes you with 521 newly redesigned guestrooms and suites, stellar service, and premium amenities that are most comforting to both leisure and business travelers. Amenities includes complimentary Wi-Fi throughout guestrooms and lobby, LCD flat-screen TVs with cable, premium channel access, and Pay Per View movies, over sized work desk, heated indoor atrium pool, 24-hour fitness facility, complimentary business center, and Concierge services. Guests of the contemporary Mart Plaza will find themselves in the middle of downtown Chicago's bustling River North area offering the top restaurant and nightlife options, within walking distance of the Loop, the main business district, and Michigan Avenue, aka the "Magnificent Mile" where chic shops and restaurants abound. Walk across the fully enclosed pedway into the Merchandise Mart where you can ride a train to just about anywhere in the city, including attractions like Navy Pier and Millennium Park. Plan a visit to Chicago and let the Mart Plaza and our award-winning staff provide you with a memorable experience and lasting impression. The Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North is located 3 miles from Chicago's McCormick Convention Center, 12 miles from Midway International Airport, and 18 miles from O'Hare International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago - Mart Plaza Hotel Chicago
- Holiday Inn Mart Plaza
- Chicago Holiday Inn