“Great location and price”

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
Ranked #68 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter and her friend last weekend when we went to a show at the Chicago Theater. The location was super convenient to the theater and areas south of the Chicago River, as well as all the shopping on Michigan Avenue. The room we had was a double queen and it was huge. Nice sitting area and very large bathroom. It is also a very short walk from Millenium Station for those who take the train into the city. I have stayed in many different hotels in the Chicago Loop and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The queen deluxe room was very large.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear NancyJI--
Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We're so glad you and your daughter enjoyed your time in Chicago and hope to welcome you back soon.

Bob Holland

Write a ReviewReviews (4,955)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed at the Wyndham Grand for Valentines Day this year. We chose to park at a ramp about a block away from the hotel and save ourselves $30 for the night. When checking in I mentioned that through a work promotion I was told I could get a free upgrade. Even though they were booked for the night they were able to accommodate us by putting us in a top floor room facing the river. The room smelled really good when we came in. My husband loved the Kuerig machine and made several cups of coffee.
The hotel is close enough to walk to Magnificent Mile to shop (which we did that afternoon). There are many restaurants, theaters (movie and other) and stores all within a mile. There were lots of people out walking so we felt safe even after midnight walking around the area.
The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was huge for a hotel bathroom. The only complaint, and it was enough to bring it down to a 4 instead of a 5 was the cold shower I had in the morning. It didn't dampen my experience however and I would defiantly stay at the Wyndham next time we are in Chicago.

Hello-
Thank you so much for your wonderful review following your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the water temperature in your shower was cold, that is a terrible inconvenience that we will certainly note and work on. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was only here for one night on a business but this is a great hotel. It was recently renovated so all of the rooms are new.

I arrived at 5:30 p.m. and was quickly checked in. My room was was perfect. Not a scratch on anything and everything was brand new. I had a view of the Chicago River from my window which was nice. Bathroom was huge and with a walk in shower that featured a large shower head in the center of the ceiling.

The king bed was very comfortable. A great feature was that the close was no where near the front door and was on the other side of the room by the windows. This was a feature I had never encountered in a hotel before but it provided more room.

It was five degrees below zero this night. On my walk from my firm's Chicago office to the hotel, I passed many good looking places to eat. But it was so cold that I decided no to venture out of the hotel once I got there.

I found a restaurant/bar in the lobby. This was very good. The menu was a bit limited but I suspect that was because it was a Thursday night. My selections of a pretzel appetizer, salad and a burger were outstanding. Being alone, I enjoyed my meal and watched a hockey game at the bar.

Service here was great. Front desk staff and the servers in the restaurant were great. Despite the bitterly cold weather, the bell hops took their stations outside. Poor guys!

I intend to return here again when the weather is warmer and with my wife and son for a long weekend and will stay here. It has a great location in a perfectly safe area. The is a huge hotel but I was unable to enjoy all of its amenities due to time constraints but will certainly check those out this summer.

A great hotel that his highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello--
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay and for the wonderful comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope very much to see you again this summer with your family.

Warm Regards--

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is THE place to stay in Chicago! Best, most competent, friendly, helpful staff ever, and I've traveled far and wide! Their chef is first rate, offering a wide variety of extraordinary and scrumptious fare not to be missed! Lovely views, especially up high on the river view side, and plenty of fast elevators to whisk you up and down! Great beds, ideal location, truly a pleasure to stay here!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello-
Thank you for your wonderful review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The staff was very nice and willing to help. The rooms were large, clean and the view was amazing!!! Location was excellent. Best hotel I have stayed at in the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Kathleen H-
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us, we're so glad you enjoyed your time in Chicago. We hope to welcome you back to the city soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014