Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“TT”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you're traveling on business, this hotel is an excellent choice so long as you do not remain in the hotel room during the day. Rnovations were occurring from 9am to 5pm from Monday to Saturday. I was away each day from Monday to Friday and only experienced the sound of drills on Saturday morning, the day I was checking out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Mike S-

Thank you for your thoughts. We are wrapping up our renovations to better enhance our property for future stays and I assure you, we are doing all we can to ensure construction progress does not interfere with our guests. I do hope you will stay with us again, as I think you will appreciate our updates once complete.

Warm Regards-
Bob Holland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

In short, the rooms were lovely, construction noise was not an issue, and the staff was absolutely delightful to deal with. I really wish I could remember the name of the woman at the front desk when we checked in because she deserve special recognition. She was a tallish fair haired woman, so hopefully her employer sees this and commends her service.

My first visit to Chicago was a two night side trip after a flyball dog competition in Indianapolis. I was worried about finding a dog friendly hotel in Chicago after friends told me it was difficult and inconvenient. I was concerned my border collie, Badger, would not be welcome and we'd face difficulties.

I couldn't be more wrong! Badger was greeted by name when we returned from our walks and there was no problem getting a delayed checkout so he could stay in the room while we finished our blitz tour before catching our flight.

The valets/doormen were super, the staff I bumped into in the elevators were very helpful handling the doors for my elevator phobic dog and I to reach the 29th floor safely, and the front desk staff I simply cannot say enough good things about. The young lady who was at the front desk, I wish I could remember her name, on the evenings of the 20th and 21st was just so great. She had the answer to every question, from where I could walk the dog, to how long it would take us to get to O'Hare from there during rush hour.

I felt very welcome, very safe, and I slept very well (the down comforters are such a refreshment from the usual hotel blankets). I loved the rainfall shower heads as well.

There was a pet fee, the walls are a little thin, and the doors are a little stiff, but I had a great stay and will be back in the future, Badger too.

Thank you for making our first visit to Chicago such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Monika H-
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I believe the young lady you're referring to was Wendy at the front desk, and I will certainly pass along your compliments. I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you and Badger so hospitably, because that is exactly why we're here. We hope to welcome both of you back on your next trip to Chicago and thank you so much for staying with us.

Warm Regards-
Bob Holland
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed at the Wyndham this past week- the staff, room, and stay couldn't have been better.
Definitely would stay again! The location is hard to beat and many of the rooms have really good views of the river. We like that it's a couple blocks from the State and Lake station which covers a majority of the "L" lines in the city. Also, the riverwalk in front of the hotel allows you to walk to the Lakefront without dealing with traffic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your room and overall stay. We look forward to your next visit.