“Wedding Weekend”

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
Ranked #66 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My niece got married and had her reception here on August 10th... this hotel was the best... the room and parking rates were great and the service was very good. The location was unbelievable -- close to everywhere!! Rooms were very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Get a room above 20th floor if possible to cut down on traffic/construction noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Susan G,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are always proud to be the chosen venue for such an important event such as a wedding and we always strive to make it memorable. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding. We hope to see you again in Chicago.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Staying just two nights. Good location as really central - lots to see & do in the immediate vicinity. Large rooms, usual dark wood style of most hotel rooms in North America. Very comfortable bed and helpful staff on front desk.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Twinklation1980,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and our central location. I hope that we get to welcome you back to Chicago in the future, when you have the opportunity to stay longer.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had a great time in Chicago, stayed at this hotel, also known as Hotel 71. We arrived late, but were exceedingly well looked after and had an upgrade to a Suite - wow, fantastic view of the river and downtown skyline in the day and night.. Staff were fantastically helpful, thank you!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Scouties,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and especially the skyline view. I hope you got to enjoy all that Chicago has to offer and will visit again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I spent 2 nights at Hotel 71 for a business trip. It was a good location for a good price. My room was very large with a great river view. The downside was that even though the room was large, it was really quite awkward with the desk in a dark corner by the closet. On the whole, I would stay there again for personal travel as it is good value for a great central location although I would probably choose elsewhere if I was planning on spending significant time working in the room again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Iggyhawk,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that overall you were happy with your stay, I am sorry to hear that you weren't fond of the desk placement. I will be sure to look into that. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago on your next trip, be it for business or otherwise.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recommend this hotel. Courteous Service, neat, clean, comfortable and very nice location near the Riverfront and walking distance of restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Cynthia M S,
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had the chance to take part in all Chicago has to offer! We look forward to seeing you next time you are here.

Take Care,

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I took the train to Chicago for Labor Day weekend. I had e-mailed the Front Desk Manager with a request and hinted at another. I was pleasantly surprised when he granted both. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a perfect location and close to a couple L stops for getting around town. We were on the 36th floor with a wonderful view of the river. The room and bathroom were larger than most hotel rooms I've been in. There was a small safe, refrigerator and coffee maker. One evening when we came in late there was a strange odor in the bathroom. My husband ran some water in the tub to get moisture in the drain trap and later we didn't notice the odor. We were right next to the elevators but any noises were muted. There was a wedding reception going on one night on the top floor and we could hear the music but it ended by midnight. The main complaint I have is that the lighting wasn't great. Lamps next to the bed barely were bright enough to read by. The lamp on the desk wasn't very bright at all. If someone needed to do some serious work it would be difficult. All I did was use my laptop and there was enough light to see for that. The chair at the desk, however was either broken or just plain way too low. I adjusted it to its highest position and still wasn't at a comfortable height to use the computer at the desk. It was OK for a few minutes at a time, but would be very uncomfortable for an extended work session. We had dessert at Hoyt's two nights and breakfast one morning. Stephanie took care of us all three times. She was great and gave us some tips of things to do. We went to the Kingston Mines Blues Club on Halstead one night. Kind of a dive, but the music was great and it is near two of the L stops. At Stephanie's suggestion we took a train out to the end of the brown line. There is a neighborhood with some shops and restaurants. Riding the L gives you a different view of the city. It was nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Mininutrsp,

Thank you so very much for all of your valuable feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and your stay and that you got to go out and enjoy the city. I assure you I will discuss your concerns with my team- the lights, the bathroom odor and the desk chair; and they are all being addressed. I thank you for staying with us and am very pleased to know the staff took great care of you, I will personally pass your compliments along. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are back in Chicago!

Reviewed September 6, 2013