“Spacious Rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City
“Spacious Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel is located on the river and close to Michigan Avenue shopping. We did not have a car and liked that we could just walk everywhere. We had a very spacious corner room with a great view. The shower was wonderful! I would have liked to have been higher up as in the morning we could hear some traffic and construction noise from down the road. We had drinks outside on the patio and staff was friendly and professional. I would definitely stay here again. I think most hotels in that area are going to charge very high prices for parking your car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Kim-KC,
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with your accommodations. I am sorry you had to deal with some traffic and construction noise, I hope it wasn't too intrusive. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Warm Regards,
Bob Holland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Booked my reservation today, needed 2 beds and called the hotel to confirm my reservation. I was advised I was unable to have 2 beds until I come to check in the day I arrive to see availablity. I will be staying 2 nights and already am unsure if I can accomodate my guest. Hope this is not a start of a bad trip.

Room Tip: Dont ask the service desk for request, they dont help.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Kjackon,

Thank you for your feedback. Regarding your room type request, when booking though some online third-party websites, they do not allow you to choose a room type. If this happens, we try to accommodate your request as best as possible upon check in. We would love to help accommodate your request based on availability, please contact our Front Desk Manager Mike Eizenberg at meizenberg@wyndham.com. In the future, to ensure that your needs are met, please book directly through our hotel at 312-346-7100 or the Wyndham website, where you always chose your room type when booking. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel, we hope you enjoy your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Came to this hotel very wary of what to expect based upon prior review.
I think they were all wrong. The location is ideal, the rooms comfortable and very clean and the staff professional and welcoming. Since the hotel was so full the only room available was a disabled accommodation and it turned out to be well located and the only difference I could tell was that it did not have a bathtub.
I will return and stay at the Wyndham again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Linda B.,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location in downtown Chicago, comfortable guest rooms and our friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Scituate
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Comfy bed, spacious room, great location for walking to a lot, nice views from room. Only issue in the electronic age there were not any easy access plugs (ie in the desk lamp, bed lamp, etc.). I had to crawl around the floor and unplug things in order to plug in chargers.

I would recommend but they need to address the plug access and availability.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Todd B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall, especially our location in downtown Chicago, spacious guestrooms, and comfortable beds. Thank you for your feedback about the number of plugs in your room. I apologize for the inconvenience it caused and would like to assure you that our Chief Engineer is working to address this issue. I'd also like to note that the new lamps we are installing in our guestrooms have an extra outlet at their base, which will provide additional plug options.

Thanks again for your feedback. I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is well located right at the chicago River and close to most of the best attractions in downtown Chicago( Millennium Park, the Magnificent mile,Navy Pier, Shedd aquarium and many others).The staff were very friendly and helpful, i cant wait to come back .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Julia S,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, especially our location in downtown Chicago and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!