“Everything about the hotel was wonderful. Great rooms...”

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
Ranked #65 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everything about the hotel was wonderful. Great rooms, bedding wonderful, service great. Only problem I had was with the Valet Parking. Car was turned so I could not see the passenger side when I came out. When I got home the whole back panel was scratched and dented! No one informed me about it, and they had to know when they did it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Gloria W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be "wonderful." I would like to sincerely apologize for the problem you had with your car. While we do not own/operate the valet parking service next door, we would be happy to help you get in touch with them to report the problem. Please feel free to reach out to our Front Desk Manager Mike Eizenberg at meizenberg@wyndham.com for assistance.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront

Reviewed July 28, 2013

after my flight to Chicago checked in at night and had to check out the next morning by 10 a.m. because they explained that they were doing construction in the hotel, and the power would be off during the day, and that all guests needed to be out of the rooms by the power was off, that we would be moved to another room the next day.
So, I to toured around Chicago for the day and came back at 3 p.m. Now they are saying that they won't have a room to move into till about 6 p.m.
So I've been out of the room for the whole day, and yet they have the audacity to not even offer a discount on the room rate for the night, Nor a discount in its restaurants or bars while we wait.
Since this was a planned event youd think that someone in charge of customer service would have planned this better, or at least offered reduced rates and discounts.
AWFUL !

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank LaurieInCali

Dear LaurieInCali,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience. Unfortunately the power shut down had to be scheduled due to construction, but I completely understand your frustrations and would like to assure you that you did not experience our standard level of service. We would love the chance to make things right. Please contact our Front Desk Manager Mike Eizenberg at meizenberg@wyndham.com to discuss this further. I hope you will give us another chance to win you over.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The room was large and the beds were comfortable, however they were doing construction during our visit and it was quite loud in the morning. Good thing we were up and wanting to explore, otherwise it might have been a drag. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The bartender downstairs at Hoyt's made us feel (twice) that we were putting her out by ordering food an hour before closing. I'm big on body language and looking at your watch when asked if we can see a menu is an indication of impatience. When we asked what time they closed she confirmed that it wasn't for a while. Then why look at your watch? I get it. We all wanna go home and relax. But come on. The waitstaff serving us at Hoyt's outdoors the next day was very friendly. The food was delicious. The location was great, very close (a few blocks) from the subway. Elevators were a bit slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear jodonnell915,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, especially our location in downtown Chicago, spacious guestrooms, and friendly hotel staff. I apologize for the negative experience you had at our bar. I would like to assure you that we take guest feedback seriously and our restaurant manager will be looking into this matter.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel. I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

Excellent location!
Room could have been a little less humid
Found several hairs in bathroom, presumably from cleaning staff

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Rhonda C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall, especially our location in downtown Chicago. I'd like to apologize for the minor issues you had with your room. I will be speaking to our operations and housekeeping staff about these issues to make sure they are corrected.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

No one told me there would be construction when I booked. I woke up to the sound of a jack hammer next to my head.

Dear Andrew V,

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to construction. We are working to improve our hotel and deeply value our guests. If you would like to share any other feedback, please feel free to reach out to our Front Desk Manager Mike Eizenberg at meizenberg@wyndham.com. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to win you over with our accommodations and service.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The overall stay was pretty nice other than how much noise the construction crew made. If you were there for business then maybe that's ok because you're gone during the day. On the other hand if you are their for a vacation, then this is not the place to be during the remodel. We asked to be moved and was moved to a room which was handicap accessible and was way lower grade (terrible bed than before) than the previous room. We were there for four nights and only two of them were somewhat peaceful. Other than that the hotel would've received 4 stars.

Thank Mr. T

Dear Mr. T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to construction as we work to improve our hotel. I understand your frustrations and would like to assure you that we value our guests. I hope you will give us another chance to win your over in the future.