“Great Views and Location”

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
Ranked #72 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel can't get any better with the location (right at the crossing from North Michigan Ave and the Loop). And the view from the room down the river is great. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. They let us store our frozen Giordano's pizzas overnight and gave us a room change due to noise from elevator construction. The restaurant by the lobby has good views and friendly staff. Didn't eat there, but had a couple drinks. The room size is above average for the area and price. Nice flat panel television and roomy bathrooms. One downside I noticed was the noise level in the room. You could hear the hallway too much so doors slamming and people in the halls as well as street level noises could make for a restless night. Of the 20 plus different hotels I've stayed in downtown Chicago, this is one I would go back to for the price $100 - $150 per night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
sshern, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear stl_cardinals,

Thank you for choosing Hotel 71 and for the great feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you loved our location in the heart of Downtown Chicago, our views of the Chicago River and spacious guestrooms. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words about our staff to the rest of the team.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Steve Shern

Write a ReviewReviews (5,005)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our first stop in US before setting off on Route 66. Beautifully clean hotel with superb well- trained staff who were always friendly. Great location for touring the city. Hoyts is good for breakfast and a special thanks to Jose for looking after us so well. Would really recommend this hote.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
sshern, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear kaptainkrunchy,

Thank you for your great review of Hotel 71! I'm so happy to hear that our hotel and staff members provided you with such a superb experience. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the team, especially Jose in Hoyt's. I'm glad you enjoyed our restaurant and location in Downtown Chicago.

Safe travels as you cross the US! I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
sshern, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Reviewed March 12, 2013

One night stay over for a business trip. From the front desk to the restaurant on site, everyone was friendly and accommodating. Very clean room. Wireless worked well. I would recommend to anyone....lots of restaurants around the hotel as well.

Dear OregonBob14,

Thanks for choosing Hotel 71 for your business trip! It was great to read all of your positive comments about our staff, guestrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access (great for business travelers like yourself!).

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon. Thank you so much for recommending Hotel 71!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed at The Hotel 71 in Chicago from March 8-11, 2013. I did a ton of research before booking this hotel, which I usually do, and let me say I am glad I looked because I may not have found this little gem otherwise. This hotel is in the perfect location, right in the heart of downtown, within walking distance to dining, Millenium Park, and of course The Magnificant Mile. The rooms are beautifully appointed and very spacious especially the bathroom! The view from our room was awesome! I could have stared out the window all day long. The staff was very very friendly and helpful! I reccommend the Valet parking as well, they are quick and efficient and you never have to worry about your vehicle. I think we got this hotel for a steal!! I was expecting to pay well over 200.00 for a hotel in Downtown Chicago over a weekend but we didn't! it was only $420.00 Canadian for three nights an absolute steal in my opinion! I will for sure stay here again! Thanks for the great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Drea2227,

Thank you for choosing Hotel 71 and for leaving us such a wonderful review! We love thinking of our hotel as a "hidden gem!"

I'm glad you enjoyed our location in the heart of Downtown Chicago and our spectacular views of the Chicago River. We're lucky to have some of the largest guestrooms in Chicago.

I'd also like to thank you for all of your positive feedback about our staff and the valet parking staff. It's great to hear that you found everyone to be so friendly and helpful.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Hotel 71 again soon.