Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$679
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$618
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$301
Cancelon
5,168 results
All reviewsthe rivergreat locationtrump towera river view roomthe penthousethe corner bakerywithin walking distancethe magnificent milecorner roomlarge roommillennium parkthe loopvalet parkingwould definitely stay here againmichigan avenuenavy pierhotel restaurant
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Went for work. Very good staff. clean room. Good 3 star hotel. Good Value

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had stayed here several years ago when it was still the Executive House and it has always been one of our favorite Chicago hotels. This was our first trip since it has changed to Hotel 71 and we were not disappointed. Upon check-in, we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to one of their newly remodeled rooms, which we did for $20/night. We ended up on the 17th floor with an incredible river view (also a small upgrade when I originally made our reservation). The front desk staff was very helpful and check-in and check-out were both very quick.

Rooms are a nice size with modern decor. Ours had an interesting little area (size of a walk-in closet) behind the tv wall with a dresser-type console and a Keurig coffee maker. I'm a Keurig fan, so this was a big hit with me. Our supply of 4 K-cups was replenished daily. We also ended up storing our luggage back here as it was more accessible than in the regular closet.

Our bathroom was amazing, and I think the best part from spending the extra money for an upgrade. Large bathroom but only one vanity (two would have been nice) but the large, walk-in shower with its rain showerhead and bench were amazing. I ended up taking a shower every morning and evening just to enjoy the incredible shower. We also liked the Tarocco toiletries so much we've located them online and plan to order some for home use.

I had a little trouble adjusting the thermostat to our liking, especially since we like our room cool for sleeping. As I tried but couldn't open the windows, I ended up having to turn it way down, which ended up working fine. Nothing wrong with the heat in this place, which is probably a good thing for those cold Chicago winters!

Although we didn't use it, the business area behind the lobby was very nice with a few computers for internet access and some complimentary newspapers.

Great location - two blocks from the State and Lake subway stop. Close to State Street shopping and the famous Chicago Theatre as well as all of that incredible Michigan Avenue shopping. It might be a little further from some of the Michigan Avenue shops, but the proximity to the subway and State Street, as well as the lack of street noise more than made up for it. Also, closer to Millennium Park (bean sculpture) and the Art Institute.

We ate at a variety of restaurants within a few block radius, including Gold Coast Dogs, Elephant & Castle and the Billy Goat Tavern (chee-burger, chee-burger!).

All in all, the Hotel 71 a great place for your next trip to Chicago. After all of these years and new owners, it's still our favorite place to stay in Chicago and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra ($10/night) for the river view - it's definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JKlassic
Reviewed December 31, 2011

This was my second stay at Hotel 71. The room I was in previously faced a back area with a view of a building and alley. For this stay I was able to upgrade my room to one facing the river on a high floor. I don't usually keep the curtains open but I did on this stay. The view is awesome! I didn't spend a lot of time in the room but the view was a nice backdrop for when I was in there. Well worth the additional cost. I had a good sized room with two beds. The bathroom was quite spacious as well. The location is convenient to public transit and the shopping area. All in all a good choice.

Room Tip: A river view is worth the cost!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have to thank my fellow reviewers for the great pictures! The rooms are exactly as displayed on travellers photos that my pics will only be redundant. Kelly at the front desk was exetremely helpful in allowing me to enjoy my birthday. Check in was a breeze and the service is attentive and kind. I requested a high floor facing the river (as suggested by my fellow reviewers) it seems that I'm actually on an angle facing the river with more buildings as my view and I didn't get the high floor I requested (27th floor is where I stayed) but I didn't say anything....this time. I will absolutely recommend staying here again. Note: I actually check out tomorrow but I dont think I will have to add an addendum to this review. All is very well here at Hotel 71.

Room Tip: If you request the Riverview and high floor, reiterate in several times before check in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2011

They stole my ipod and a good expensive pair of sunglasses.
Moreover, I waited for my car about 45 minutes. Bull shi..
Hotel itself is old, thats way it almost every time available.
Breakfast is expensive, but ok.
DO NOT BOOK IT!!!