Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
$725
$627
$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$329
  • Breakfast included
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
Hilton.com
$1,398
$975
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
Hotels.com
$492
getaroom.com
2,587 results
All reviewsevening receptiongreat locationmade to order omeletsmanagers receptionbreakfast and happy hourfree breakfastfree happy hourjewel oscococktail hourparking garageliving roomstate streetnavy pierhot breakfastwithin walking distancechicago downtownthe breakfast area
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I was passing thru Chicago and decided to stay at the last minute and wanted an affordable hotel that was convenient to some things to do. Found the suites at an unbelievable price for that area - just a few minutes walk from the Miracle Mile, the Navy Pier, and Millennium park was walkable too.

My room was at the end of the hall and a bit weird shaped - with a sink in the bedroom (as well as one in the bath, and one in the kitchenette area), but that wasn't a problem.
Parking was steep (probably average for that area) at 41$ a night, I accidentally parked in a neighboring building which was only 31$ for 24 hours - that was nice.

The comp breakfast was decent, made to order omlettes, eggs, sausages, cereals, etc.

Great views of the people working in the office next door. I did not have much interaction with the staff but that which I did - they were very helpful and welcoming.

At the price I got - a jewel, very comfortable, great location. Getting in can be confusing - you enter downstairs, no signs but you have to go to the elevator to get to the registration desk which is up a few floors. I could have used a "this way dummy' sign since I was quite tired when I got in.

Wireless / internet is not free

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Bopped
ESChicagoDowntown, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. Many of our guests agree with your comments regarding our location and the overall value of our services. I particularly appreciate your comments on signage in our parking lot and will share them with our team.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Chicago and the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown.

Ed Buckley

Reviewed November 9, 2010

The Embassy Suites was wonderful!! It met our needs perfectly! It was close enough to walk to shopping and dining. The morning breakfast was a fantastic way to get our day started and had something for everyone of the picky eaters in my family. The pool was great for the kids to burn off some energy while the parents could enjoy the managers reception. We will definetely go back again!!

1  Thank diamondmom99
ESChicagoDowntown, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our breakfast selection and swimming pool!

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Chicago.

Ed Buckley

Reviewed October 31, 2010

From the surprisingly spacious entry area to the incredibly spacious courtyard, this is a very comfortable hotel that is nicely situated. There are many places to eat and shop within a short walk. And, if you are inclined, it is a short run to the shoreline for a run along Lake Michigan. the breakfast buffet, with eggs cooked to order, was very good. The rate was a little pricey, but, hey...it's downtown Chicago. I would not hesitate, however, to stay here again. Free high-speed internet would have been nice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank doctorbobster
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The hotel is a great place to stay with the bedroom and living area. With 3 female teenagers and 3 women the hotel was set up so even though there were so many of us the sink area in the bedroom, the bathroom and even the sink are in the kitchen made it easy for us to get ready. No one was waiting to get in to brush our teeth or wash up. Once we figured out shower schedules it was great. The chef's in the morning buffet always make you feel welcome. The two who prepared the omellets were so pleasant and cheerful. Nice to see that in customer service. Actually, everyone from the desk clerks, concierge, and especially the bell men were so accomodating. Can't beat the location, so close to everything...we walked each evening asn were very comfortable walking at 11:30pm. Coming from Detroit that is such a treat. The workout room was nicely equipped and the teens enjoyed the pool and hot tub. One of my favorite places to stay in Chicago. Only downfall is the cost...split between 3 it was a good price but a bit price for 3 days if it were just me.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

I had a girls' weekend with my daughter and three other family members. This hotel was perfect for our needs. We were within walking distance to almost everywhere we went. If you don't want to walk and don't want to drive, there are bus stops a few blocks up at Michigan Avenue. Also, there is a subway stop on the next block. There are a lot of excellent restaurants in the area as well.

The hotel was clean and met our needs, except that there wasn't a hair dryer in the room. The complimentary breakfast buffet is very convenient and good. I am disappointed that there is a charge for internet connection unless you are a frequent Hilton guest. There is no reason for this in this day and age. My only other complaint is that we called for bell service at checkout and were told 15 minutes. Over 30 minutes later, no one came and we ended up hauling a ton of luggage and bags down to our car ourselves. I understand that the hotel was very busy with checkouts, but we should have received a call about the delay.

1  Thank avivaleah