“We love the Embassy Suites in Chicago!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
Ranked #87 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Apple Valley, MN
“We love the Embassy Suites in Chicago!”
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We have a daughter who lives in Chicago so we visit there many times a year and our recent trip was our 3rd time staying at the Embassy Suites Downtown. We love this hotel!

I don't want to repeat what everyone else has already said so I will just say - - STAY HERE and you won't be disappointed!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
EmbassyHotelManager, Hotel Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Wow! Straight to the point! Very happy to know that you reccommend us and that you will be back. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Korean first
Thailand
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed here for two nights. After a delayed flight and all the chaos at O'Hare, I finally arrived at a hotel. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I got a room on 6th floor toward state st. It was a nice, well-maintained room. I love that they have complimentary breakfast and manager's special in the evening.
Location is also another good thing of this hotel. It's very close to Grand station redline. Jewel-Osco is across the street [you can also purchase CTA pass here.] And 2-3 blocks to N.Michigan or Magnificent mile.
All in all, Embassy Suites downtown chicago is perfect for anyone [business traveler, tourists, solo traveler ect.]
Only complaint I would have is the Internet fee. It would be best if it's free : )

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown. We appreciate that you took the time out of your busy day to post your feedback and very happy to know you enjoyed your stay! We couldn't agree more that our hotel has much to offer, complimentary drinks, full cooked-to-order breakfast, close to the Red Line, restaurants and walking distance to the Magnificent Mile...etc, etc! Once again, thank you for the positive feedback. We look forward to your future visits!
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We just returned from a short 2 night family trip to Chicago and we stayed at this hotel while there. The location of this hotel was perfect for us. It was within close walking distance to the red line train and to the bus stop. There were a number of restaurants that were nearby as well. The hotel had a package where we could get our car anytime we wanted without paying for in/out fees each time. Although we didn't need our car during our stay, the extra cost of the room per night ($20/night) with this package was still worth it because it was still cheaper to pay this than to pay for each night to park the car ($44/night). Since having children (ages 2 and 5), we've always stayed in hotels with suites. The suite and hotel were fine - typical of an Embassy Suite. The breakfast was great - hot, ready to eat, and a good selection. The only not so positive reviews I would give is that our room faced the street and so each night we were woken up at least once by sirens in the area. I also thought that the hotel cost was a bit pricey (but I tend to be frugal) but to consider its location in the middle of the city, it worked out for us. Overall, however, we were satisfied with the hotel and it served our needs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
EmbassyHotelManager, Hotel Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown. We appreciate your time and feedback here on Tripadvisor and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay! We couldn't agree more that our hotel has much to offer, complimentary drinks, full cooked-to-order breakfast, close to the Red Line, restaurants and walking distance to the Magnificent Mile. Once again, thank you for the positive feedback. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again!
atlanta, ga
Reviewed March 22, 2010

my stay was very enjoyable. the hotel was centrally located. the staff and service provided was excellent. the complimentary full service breakfast was delicious. the cook prepared a delicious omelet.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thanks for the detailed review of our property! We hope you visit with us again on your next trip to the Windy City!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We stayed 3 nights in the Embassy Suites, Downtown Chicago. The Location at State & Ohio is fantastic. The king suite is roomy. The breakfast is complete with made to order eggs, etc. This hotel cannot be beat overall for the $$.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
EmbassyHotelManager, Hotel Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Thank you for the fabulous review of our staff and hotel. We truly appreciate it when our guest takes time out of their busy day to share with us and our future guests the great experiences here at the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown. We look forward to seeing you again!
lancaster, pa
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Flight got to Chicago at 7:00 AM, got to Hotel at 7:30. Held bgs and had room ready by 11:00! On the back end, they allowed late check out (so we could squeeze in some extra sight-seeing) and held bags on back side. EVERYONE, from front desk, conceirge, bellmen to other employees were as nice as they could be. Mike Y-front Desk Mgr. was especially helpful! The sixe of the room (as a suite) was ample.
Having a microwave (heat up left-overs from Chinatown) was great and a mini-fridge that actually kept things cool was appreciated.
I got the 3 Day Day CTA pass, and the Conceirges were great about giving directions.
Even though we generally got in around 2 AM, the breakfasts were so inviting that we had to awaken for the specials (and then go back to bed) and we really liked the receptions in the evening to get a start on the night!!
Great Location, great deal. I'll defintiely stay again when in Chi town. Additionally, I was so impressed with the hotel, I'm really going to focus on the Embassy Suite brand when I travel to other places!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
First, I wish to welcome you to the Embassy Suites Brand! I am delighted to know you enjoyed your time here in Chicago and most importantly our hotel. I will pass the compliments to Mike Y and the rest of the staff. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and look forward to see you again!
ann arbor, mi
Reviewed March 9, 2010

After debating between hotels in Chicago we decided that this was the place for us based on past reviews. However, the experience was one of the worst stays we have ever had. We have young children who after a long day of sightseeing would like to take a swim. PLEASE DO NOT GO SWIMMING IN THIER POOL. The first night the pool was noticeably dirty and cloudy. We gave it the benefit of the doubt and returned the next couple nights as well hoping someone would have the time to clean it. Needless to say nobody ever did and after a few minutes of pulling bunches of hair from our baby's mouth and hands we escaped the pool. I thought I would at least put my feet in the hot tub but again the bubbles were filled with gunk and filth. I picked up a few of my kids' water toys from around the edges of the pool area and also noticed that the pool was not the only place that need some attention. The entire rooms perimeter was caked with dirt and crud. There are not enough adjectives to describe this experience. After mentioning this to the manager they proceeded to tell us that they would send an engineer to the pool the next day to "shock" the water. I think that is exactly why the area is the way it is. Shocking the water is not going to magically clean up the pool. Someone needs to physically sweep and scrim the water and while they are at it maybe mop the floors.

Other issues inlcude: thin walls, poor concierge service, poor breakfast, moldy bathrooms, mandatory bell hops when using luggage racks

Highlights: location

Conclusion: If you want to act like a 5-star hotel you need to start with the basics. MAKE SURE ITS CLEAN

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank drifter442
dickt, Dick Turner - General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Dear Drifter442,
Please accept our sincerest apology for the conditions you encountered on your visit to our hotel. There is no excuse for conditions you reported about the pool and your suite! You may be assured we have already addressed it. We have built a strong family clientele over the past 19 years by providing clean, well-maintained accommodations and great service. I am especially disheartened that we let you down. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly if you wish. Please contact me at dturner@sunstonehotels.com or call my office at 312.932.1032. I hope to hear from you.
Kind regards,