“BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
Ranked #84 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Best hotel experience Ive ever had. The complimentary drinks were something I thought hotels in general would never ever do, I was surprised! And some nice guests gave us there Bulls basketball game tickets to us for free while down there. The free cooked to order breakfast?? Unheard of. AMAZING. And we got a 2 room king size bed Suite for around $100 online!! Just speechless. Definitely keep doing what your doing!! DEF. STAY HERE!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've stayed at this property several times and have always found it to be very well kept, clean, fresh, etc. The service has always been excellent too, including very helpful door/bell staff to assist with luggage, call taxis, etc. (Pricing always depends on when you're staying there; sometimes very reasonable, sometimes very costly.)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We traveled to see the sites of Chicago by train. This Embassy suites is an excellent place to stay. The staff is very helpful , the hotel is very clean, and the complimentary breakfast was the best ever.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Overall, my stay was wonderful. The breakfast was so much better than I expected (I had stayed at a Nashville Embassy Suites before), varied and delicious whether I wanted hearty or light; I appreciated the free printing in the business center and the free laundry facilities; housekeeping was great, and replenished our coffee as needed; the manager's reception was more generous than I imagined; and the quality of the beds was very high -- I don't know when I've slept so well. We didn't eat in the restaurant until the last night, only to find that it was much more sophisticated food than most of the places we'd eaten in downtown Chicago, and less expensive! The entire staff, without exception, was helpful and friendly, and we had occasion to use the concierge's services several times. I tend to think wifi should be free, but I did order the discounted rate online, so it wasn't as bad. Overall, I think the room was much better value than what is available nearby in Chicago, and after eight days it started to feel like home. I won't hesitate to book again the next time I'm in Chicago. It's honestly almost a little bit embarrassing how much I went on to other attendees at my conference about the Embassy Suites (it wasn't one of the conference hotels), but there you go, I had a great time. The one bad thing was that two of four elevators were under construction, which slowed movement down a bit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We brought our children down for a wedding in the city. We have stayed here and at the other location in Chicago a few times in the past. We love Embassy Suites for it's room size for a family of 5. With young daughters, I don't want to have them in a different room.
The Breakfast is always good and at this location in particular, the cocktail hour was worth making time to experience.
The only draw back during our stay were the elevators. They were fixing two out of the four. It was a very busy weekend, and made for long waits.

Room Tip: Being a city location, the only side with a view would be State Street. The other three have buildin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel never fails to be amazing. It location is perfect to shopping and restaurants. All the accommodations are 5 stars. Staff is friendly and it was just renovated. Love this hotel. I never have anything but good things to say about all services rendered. The price is right too. Thank you all for what you do

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is pretty well maintained and is in a great location. That being said, I do not think I will choose to stay here again because it is just so noisy outside day and night. After the first night of near constant sirens and horns honking outside my window, I asked the front desk if I could change rooms to a side of the hotel that is not on a noisy street. Unfortunately, they informed me that every side of the hotel is on a noisy street (or parking garage). I later found a note in my room about the noise level, which said the hotel offered ear plugs, but I just can't sleep in ear plugs. I know that when you are staying in the heart of a big city, you can expect street noise, but I still feel that they could add better insulated windows or do something to try to lessen the street noise more than just offering ear plugs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business