Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$679
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$618
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$594
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$301
Cancelon
2,589 results
All reviewsevening receptiongreat locationmade to order omeletsmanagers receptionbreakfast and happy hourfree breakfastfree happy hourjewel oscococktail hourparking garageliving roomstate streetnavy pierhot breakfastwithin walking distancechicago downtownthe breakfast area
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our room was not serviced/cleaned after the first night. The refrigerator did not work. The water station in lobby was a constant mess. The managers reception is a joke. Always out of food, cocktail line very long. There is no limit to drinks which is their big mistake. Drunks and food hoarders abounded at the reception. One man had six drinks at his table and piles of food and he was alone. I think he walked off the street. The same held true for breakfast.....no one collected the "tickets" and I saw people walk in from the street to eat. Also they tried to charge us an early check in fee for every day we stayed. This is the second worst Embassy I have stayed in. The first worst is downtown St. Louis. The only thing this hotel has going for it is location and the fantastic restaurant next door.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cdrlinda
ESChicagoDowntown, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Cdrlinda,

Thank your for providing feeback on your recent experience at our hotel. We believe that we offer the finest breakfast in the brand, with international offerings in addition to our made to order omelets. Our complimentary evening managers reception is also extremely popular. I'm disappointed that we failed to deliver our typically extraordinary service to you and your guests.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you require accomodations downtown Chicago.

Ed Buckley

Reviewed November 4, 2013

If you enjoy spending your leisure time standing in lines this is the place for you. Otherwise I suggest you take a pass. The hotel is crowded and does not seem to be able to move people along in an efficient manner. Expect to wait in line for parking valet, check in, elevators, housekeeping services, manager's reception, breakfast and checkout. Expect the place to be swarming with unsupervised kids. Expect large groups of kids running in the hallways at night. Expect unsupervised kids touching all the food in the breakfast buffet.This hotel may be a value for famlies with children but it is doing a disservice to all other travlers who happen to choose this property. I will never be back. The line for a drink at the managers reception (5:30 - 7:30) was never less than 40 people long. When we spoke to a manager about this she stated that this is a problem the hotel is aware of but apparently has not figured out how to handle because many of the people participating in the reception are not hotel guests. The same for the breakfast buffet. Really??? Is it that hard to figure out a solution?? I dont have a degree in hospitality yet I can see that roping off the area and issuing all guests a pass might alievate the problem. In fairness to the hotel they did take $30 off of our bill. I have stayed at this property before and was well aware of it's family demographic , but this time it was just out of control. Never did get the free drink. Stood in line for breakfast only to get cold food. Never again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank klenc
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Embassy Suites was recommended to us by our son. It was a very nice place to stay and close to sights that we wanted to see. The complimentary breakfast was great with lots of choices and the happy Hour was a nice touch where your drinks were also complimentary. We would definitely stay here again when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed October 30, 2013

great hotel we loved the hotel. great for families great value loved the hotel great food i would book again beds were good food was fine i would say agian very clean good service nice staff was able to get a cab easily close places to eat

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for 11 nights in October and were entirely happy with our decision! The location is great if you're visiting the city - a block away from the (red line) train station, a couple of blocks from a wholefoods supermarket and about a 10 minute walk from a big shopping centre. Just perfect. A taxi from the airport cost around 40 dollars which turned out to be a bargain as car parking prices seemed on the higher side.

When we checked in we were greeted by a lovely guy named Gus. He was very helpful and informative and got the process done quickly which was perfect after our long day of travelling!

The room itself was just fantastic. A big living area with dining table, comfortable sofa, huge TV, fridge, microwave and safe, plus a spacious bedroom with another TV and a huge (and very comfortable) bed. The bathroom was a little on the smaller side but absolutely fine for us and the shower pressure was good too. A good amount of towels were provided along with a decent hair dryer and the usual toiletries.

The managers reception is a lovely idea. Complimentary drinks and snacks every night, and breakfast is also included in the cost of rooms. A wide selection is provided at breakfast but not a huge amount of healthy options. Bacon, eggs, fried potatoes, sausages and pancakes made my partner happy every morning, but when I tried the oatmeal I was a little disheartened as it was very watery and had little flavour. Usually I would add peanut butter to my oatmeal but the only one they had was half sugar which I'm not really into so I skipped it and opted for the fruit - they offered fresh melon alongside apples, bananas and oranges each morning. Also a couple of different cereals including fruit loops and Cheerios, and bagels/muffins etc. As I said, the selection is broad but as someone who avoids sugar, it wasn't that easy to stick to my usual diet, although I'm sure if I had mentioned it to a member of staff they would have been helpful as they all seemed that way.

We used the hotel gym most mornings and it does the job okay. A few treadmills, two cross trainers (although one was broken) and a bike, plus some free weights and a couple of other machines. The thing that struck us as odd was the positioning of the pull up bar - it was located in an area with a lower ceiling to the rest of the gym so my partner hit his head when using it! Seems a little silly! I was a little dismayed by the lack of rowing machine in there too but it was okay for a hotel gym and never all that busy. Towels and water provided which is nice.

The only slight issue I had with the hotel was the poor wifi. We had considered paying for it but ten dollars a day for 11 days felt a little steep so we chose not to, but a member of staff ended up generously giving us the password for free. We appreciated this a lot and were above all else glad we didn't pay for it as we could only access the internet from one spot in our two room suite - right by the door! That was a little inconvenient and perhaps something worth addressing, but certainly not enough to stop us from visiting this hotel again. We will definitely be back whenever we are in Chicago!

• Stayed: October 2013