“Great Weekend”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
Ranked #88 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great location, 1 block from the Red Line. Parked car for free offsite and rode Red Line to all destinations (Parking onsite is too expensive). Front desk help were very helpful and nice. Hotel under construction but only downside was the wait for elevators. Only 2 working. Manager reception and FREE made to order omelets were GREAT!!! Would definitely stay there again but I am sure the price will be much higher as construction seems to be winding down. Great rooms with separate living area,clean as well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face State Street. Can hear sirens all night if you are a light slee...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,541)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'm a big fan of Embassy Suites. They offer good value for families as well as business travelers.
This Embassy Suites is in the last stages of renovation. It is fresh and clean and despite the temporary kitchen facilities, breakfast and cocktail hour was just as expected. Only 2 elevators were working so the lines were long at peak intervals. The concierge, Lili, was helpful. The location is ideal for the near North area and Mag mile. Pool and hot tub were newly updated and although small, enough for kids to have fun and adults to paddle around in. Doormen were terrific and welcoming. They made you feel like you wanted to come back just to be welcomed by them personally.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which had 2 windows which offered a bit more of a view although this is not wha...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ESChicagoDowntown, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Lila312,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown. We could not be happier that you had a memorable experience with us and enjoyed our brand new pool and hot tub.

We are in our last stages of renovation and are thrilled to unveil our newly renovated lobby, atrium and meeting space. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Ed Buckley

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have been staying at Embassy Suites Downtown Chicago every year for 5 years and I have to say that even though there is construction going on it doesn't interfere with your stay.
Breakfast was good as always and the manager reception is always an added bonus. Yes, we waited in line but it wasn't any longer than any other time.
The pool was open and beautiful. Rooms are always clean and spacious.
Love the Embassy Suites!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tiredofwinter,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled with your kind words regarding our newly renovated lobby and pool. Additionally, our ballroom and meeting space was completely renovated as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago.

Ed Buckley

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here right before Christmas. Hotel was under MAJOR construction. The entire lobby was torn apart, no pool/hot tub, only 2 of the 4 elevators were in order. The positives were that the hotel layout and rooms were great. When this hotel is done being remodeled (around March I think they told us) it will be beautiful. It was disappointing to us to not have a nice lobby and completed hotel for our annual holiday Chicago trip. This was never mentioned to us when I booked via phone in October. The nightly managers reception was cramped and not very relaxing due to the construction and updating taking place. No holiday decorations to get you in the mood. :( However, like I said, when it is completed I have no doubt it will be beautiful and we WILL be back next December. Location is GREAT! Lots of restaurants around and walking distance to water tower place. We cannot say enough about the professional and friendly staff that was working Dec 23 - 24th. Especially the highly professional front office Manager, Staci Miles. I truly appreciated her addressing our concerns and her extreme professionalism. We left feeling cared for and valued as a customer. This was our first year trying an Embassy Suites. For the past 6 years, we have stayed at a Marriott hotel in Chicago. Because of Staci Miles and her wonderful staff, we WILL make Embassy Suites our Chicago hotel now. Thank you and looking forward to our return visit!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The website said construction ending 01/18...not accurate. Guest services would not answer phone after 2nd complaint on noise. After construction is done the hotel will be fine. I'd just like to be informed up front of construction as we would have selected alternate hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Bock123
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Embassy Suites. Comfy beds. Lots of room to spread out, watch tv, do some work. Fitness center is workable. Location great. Lots of perks normally missing at pricey hotels, fridge, microwave. Yummy breakfast - omelets to order! I have stayed here twice now and I will stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband, I and 3 young children stayed here for a weekend trip. The staff was very accomodating, as our reservations were messed up ( not their fault). Ronnie( hope I spelled right) who checked us in was very sweet and helped us with no problem. She could tell my baby was tired, and had me sit while she took care of things. The managers reception and breakfasts were great. The pool was not complete and the atrium is going through renovations but should be done in April we were told. They did offer us the pool across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn. I just want to say that all the staff we dealt with at this hotel were very accomodating, nice and made you feel at home. We will be comming back next year!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family