Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$679
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$618
Langham Official
  • Pool
$594
getaroom.com
2,589 results
All reviewsevening receptiongreat locationmade to order omeletsmanagers receptionbreakfast and happy hourfree breakfastfree happy hourjewel oscococktail hourparking garageliving roomstate streetnavy pierhot breakfastwithin walking distancechicago downtownthe breakfast area
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We booked this hotel through the central reservations (phone) because we were travelling with another family and wanted to ensure that we could be side by side or as close to it in the hotel. When we reserved the agent assured us that this was not an issue and went above and beyond to ask us if we had any other special requests that she could help us with to make our stay more enjoyable. When we checked in the lobby was packed and we were told that our room was not ready at 5:00 p.m. and that we should go for a walk and come back and it should be ready. After a "walk" we were able to check in ahead of our friends and again confirmed our request to stay together. We were told that this did not make it on the reservation as a request but that they would be able to accommodate us - Great! We went off to explore a bit and when our friends checked in they were put not close by, not on the same floor but 4 floors away. Not Good. The next morning I discussed this with the front desk and they told me that there was nothing they could do, I asked to speak to the manager as this was the reason we selected to stay at this hotel and it was important to us. The manager "Chip" came out and I carefully explained that this was arranged when we booked with the hotel through central reservations and then re arranged when we checked in. Chip told us that central reservations does not know this hotel and cannot arrange any special rooming. I said that we did confirm this with their staff when we checked in, he said that they consider that this was only a "special request"and that they cannot make any committments to us. It was concerning that he didn't make any apologies to us. Clearly we were getting no where with Chip. At the end of the discussion when I asked Chip what he could do to help us out as this was the only "special request" we had the reason we selected this hotel, he said that he would see if he could find a room that one of us could move to in the hotel for the duration of the stay and let us know. We never heard back from Chip or any other staff. It is really disappointing that such a simple request could not be handled and that their staff do not work together. For any other people considering this hotel chain I would be leary of putting forward any special requests, it seems as though central reservations will say what they can to get you to book but they have no connection with the hotels themselves and the hotel staff need training on customer service.

The location is great and the rooms are perfect for families. Breakfast is good but it was very crowded and quite lined up.

Unfortunately, they really let us down on their customer service and we were very disappointed that there was not follow-up

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank familytraveller1009
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Finding accomodations for a family of 6 on a budget is often impossible. ES allowed our family to stay together (2 queen/1 pullout) in a great location, offered free breakfast (head down early for best seating) and a managers reception (snack mix and a couple small drinks) before dinner. Although the lobby was pretty noisy, we were so tired from fun-filled days we didn't hear much. We brought food with us and shopped around the corner at a Jewel-Osco and by having a 2 room suite with the kitchenette, it allowed us to pack lunches for the day. Our room also had a great view facing Lake Michigan and we lucked out being able to watch the "air" portion of the air and water show.

Most all of the "TOURISTY" attractions we hit were either within a 20-minute walk or an affordable method transportation was less than 6 blocks away. Free Trolley was awesome if you know where the stops are located.

The only downsides were the small pool area and the slow elevators. But, we weren't there to swim and we didn't make very many trips to/from our room so we weren't really bothered by either.

We would absolutely recommend this ES based on both location and family friendliness!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We pre-booked and got a great price. The location is perfect, close to the red line trains and other public transportation and easy to get to all of the tourist sites. Most of the people were friendly, especially the doormen and concierage were great. Breakfast is pretty good, but it was very crowded.

While we were there Internet was free and even at free you could probably complain about the speed. You had to log on and re log on all of the time. So if it is not free, you should not pay the $9.95 per day!

Every hotel has to do maintenance, and they were power washing the outside of the building and it was noisy. When I checked in, I asked about getting a room that would not be effected by this noise. My room reservation had been for a room with a "city view" and she told me that if I took a lower floor that we could get a quieter room. However, on day 4 of our stay, the power washing arrived at 8am. So I had the noise and no view.

The hotel has laundry facilities, but beware they only have 1 washer and 1 of the 2 dryers was broken.

Most of the people were great - really all of Chicago were helpful and friendly - however at the hotel, the desk attendance Jennifer was rude. When I went to the desk for help, she said just a moment, she was "busy" and she proceeded to finish up her check in paperwork, stapling and shuffling papers for quite a while. A person working a customer service desk should really deal with the person there - not with paperwork. When I mentioned that I had lost money in a dryer, she did not apologize, offer refund, or anything, her response was without eye contact and she said "Maintenance will know." and then she went back to paperwork. When I went back to desk later, I avoided her, but I did watch her work and never saw a smile or any sense of friendliness at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites 600 N. State street. The hotel was clean and room was comfortable. It was rather pricy but close to Union station.If you need a nice Hotel close to Union Station I would reccommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Visited Chicago with two other couples. We loved the closeness of this hotel to the downtown area. We could walk everywhere! Clean, neat, friendly staff and great value!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends