5 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.com$177
FindHotel$179
Agoda.com$189
3,416 results
All reviews grant park buckingham fountain a lake view room an older hotel art institute lake michigan field museum the bean few blocks the magnificent mile lakeview aquarium doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

My family and I were excited to visit the Congress Plaza Hotel. We were however disappointed as this historic hotel has not had apparent renovations. Lighting is full, room and furniture are outdated. You kind of feel being in a horror movie. Picture this: we took the elevator to our floor and when our elevator door opened, the floor was pitch black. It took a few seconds for the light sensor to turn on and this is all it takes to scare away a family.
On the positive side I believe this hotel has huge potential for renovation and this will make a world of a difference.

Only reason I give it 2 points is because of its great location in front of the Buckingham Fountain

2  Thank Assadhabib
congressplazahotel, Public Relations Manager at The Congress Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences encountered during your stay. The Congress Plaza hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Chicago. We are constantly updating all aspects of the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

I have to say I’m very disappointed in the food at this hotel. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and decided to stay at the Congress. We ate at the main restaurant for dinner. I ordered a medium filet and it was brought out well done- my wife’s shrimp salad and zero flavor. The waiter, while polite- never checked on us or offered to refill beverages. The prices while were normal for this type of hotel- they’re far to high for the quality. Later that night we went down to the lounge- Mike was great- but the wings weren’t that stellar. The ranch was watery and the wings didn’t have any flavor. We filled out an express menu for breakfast well before the required 2a time- just to find in the morning- nobody picked it up. I then had to order in the morning by calling down- and simply got- “oh we didn’t take the tag”. Breakfast itself was okay- but had to pay more since I had to call the order in. Upon checkout- the young lady that checked us out- never asked how the stay was and was very curt. When I mentioned an issue- she didn’t even seem concerned with solving it or giving an authentic apology. While the room and view were great and the bed was comfortable- I would have to say that I’m very disappointed in the service and would have to give an overall negative rating. This really turned what was supposed to be a nice celebration into something that was disappointing.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are extremely sorry that you dealt with so many frustrating and unacceptable issues during your recent visit with us. We are both surprised and disappointed by the lack of service you experienced. Rest assure our management team would be notified regarding your feedback. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed August 15, 2019

Very convenient to everything..Nice clean hotel. Friendly staff. Room service was quick, food was good. Very nice lobby, restaurant and bar. Great room rates. Very easy to get to from airport using the transit system.. Blue Line. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for choosing The Congress Plaza Hotel, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you for a future stay!

Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

We stayed one night when in Chicago on a brief get away to see Hamilton. It was an easy walk to the CIBC theater and near everything else as well. While clearly an older hotel, our room was very clean and well kept. Unmaintained bathrooms are my pet peeve and I had no complaints whatsoever. The lobby is quite lovely and there are many architectural details on the first floor that have been preserved. The room we had was relatively nondescript, but large and clean. Be aware parking is fairly expensive as you would expect in Chicago. Overall we were very happy with our stay.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Sandra W

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is dated and I mean dated. Room could not get cold so the maintenance staff brought us a box fan. Room had a smell that was not good. Staff finally cleaned the room when I had to ask.
I won’t be staying there again.

2  Thank 773troyh

Thank you for your feedback, this level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences encountered during your stay at The Congress Plaza Hotel.