6 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.com$149
FindHotel$118
Trip.com$142
3,416 results
All reviews grant park buckingham fountain a lake view room an older hotel art institute lake michigan field museum the bean few blocks the magnificent mile lakeview aquarium doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

A really lovely, old hotel. Beautiful interior at checkin. Clean and comfortable.
Rooms are slightly old but that adds to the experience of staying here.
Brilliant location close to Grant Park, walk away from all of Chicago’s main points of interest.
Lovely city beaches nearby too.
Would recommend.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank chrispardew
Reviewed July 25, 2019

It was in a great location it really was. The room is plain, there is no microwave, the list can go on and on. It was clean, quiet and a bed to sleep. We stayed there for a family which was booked incorrectly. The room ended up costing us double what we had originally booked.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 74Jeff
Reviewed July 22, 2019

The location of this hotel is perfect. Most things in downtown Chicago are easily within walking distance, but if you have to go a little further out of town, you're literally only minutes from plenty of public transport options. The metro train system is super easy to use and pretty cheap - you shouldn't need to use a taxi in this city at all. I arrived to the hotel very late (1am) and the room I had requested wasn't available, so the lady at the desk very generously upgraded me to a suite for the night. I ended up not having to subsequently move either, so I ended up with a room that overlooked the lake and the park for my whole stay, which was a really nice surprise and I was very grateful that they offered that. The room itself though really wasn't that great and the bathroom was particularly egregious. The cover on the exhaust fan was hanging loose and the detail around the shower was dirty. The carpets had a grimy feel to them underfoot and made my socks dirty by walking on them. The pillows were lumpy and caused me to not get a very good sleep on my first night. I don't want to be too harsh as I got a good deal as well as an upgrade, but if you were paying full price, you are absolutely only paying for the location.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank chenes37
Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here because it was in very close proximity to the Taste of Chicago Food Festival. Our room was dated, the safe in our room was broken and the water pressure in our bathroom was non existent. Customer service was also lacking as I called down to the front desk to inquire about my bill and was hung up on in mid sentence.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2019

This is a majestic hotel. For location (Magnificent mile, across Millennium Park) and price alone, I give it 5 stars.
Only people without common sense or knowledge can give this hotel one star. For starters, this is a 2.5 star hotel that is reasonably priced, so you can't expect five star luxury or experience, get real.
The rooms are very CLEAN...I inspected the sheets! Toiletries are similar to the ones at a 4* hotel. My only con, it was a bit noisy, but hey, this is Chicago! it was the loop but, asked my husband an he said it did not bother him. You could always ask for a room in a quiet area (I forgot to ask that). We did not use the valet parking that they offered (about $48 with in and out privileges), decided to park one block away, it was $22 for 24 hours, we used an online app.
About the building itself: Original craftsmanship is one of the best in chicago. I can tell that some updates have been done with lower craftsmanship skils (I am an architect) but it will be extremely expensive, and probably imposible to bring this hotel to its original luster.
We had a wonderful stay.

Room tip: Corner suits have a great view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple