The Congress Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
  • Room Service
$530
$519
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$576
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$329
  • Room Service
$1,300
$975
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
Orbitz.com
$484
Hilton.com
$492
getaroom.com
2,937 results
All reviewsgrant parkbuckingham fountaingold rooma lake view rooman older hotelart institutelake michigansoldier fieldshedd aquariumthe beannavy pierking roomfew blocksthe magnificent milelakeview
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The only, i repeat, ONLY thing this place has going for it is the location in downtown across from Grant Park. It is a true shame that such a historic place in such a great location is currently treated like a 2 star hostel. That's not an exaggeration, I've literally stayed in hostels in Thailand that were nicer than these rooms

I had to stay here 2 nights while on business and counted down the minutes until check-out. I could go on and on about things, but it seems the other reviews on here have done a great job laying that out already.

My only advice is to avoid staying here at all costs, don't be deceived because of the location, there is a good reason other hotels around it are much higher in price...

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dustinthill
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Not a top class hotel by US standards, but it does the job in the centre of Chicago. Location is good and convenient for downtown Chicago and the lake. Staff generally very helpful. Rooms are neat, clean and tidy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kopel
Reviewed January 20, 2014

One thing is for sure, the hotel is not the most modern hotel in town and the halls look like taken out of The Shinning movie, but being honest, that is just an additional. The hotel itself is very clean and the rooms are really spacious.

At the moment of check in the front desk clerk saw that we were a party of 4 and concerned we may be a little bit to crowded in the room, she offered a free upgrade, and believe me, that surprised me since hotels nowadays just focus on income and forgot the warmth.

I stayed for almost 10 days and the people in the hotel did everything they could to make my vacations excellent, from giving me directions to major attractions or nice restaurants to try and get me tickets for the Chicago Bears. The location is excellent and if you don't mind walking you can get to major attractions in a 10-15 minute walk (Museum Campus for an instance).

I'll be honest, after the price I paid I was expecting way less of what I got, I am happily surprised about the outcome.

If I ever go back to Chicago on vacation, I will make no search and stay here

Room Tip: There are rooms with 3 double beds and are the perfect option if your party is big. There are only 2 elevators but they are really fast so the floor makes no big difference but the ice dispenser is in the 7th and 9th floor, just in case.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ike_40
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Fabulous staff , good rooms, this is our 2nd year staying here & look forward to yet another. Location was great ..close walking distance to everything. Access to subway and L couldn't be better. Great history and fabulous architecture.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
I will start with the ghosts. I was worried about the stories I read so much so that I did request not to be on the 12th floor (which the hotel were more than happy for me not to) however, I really did not need to be worried as I obviously did not encounter and ghosts or have any ghostly experiences.
I agree that some floors look scary but I though that was kinda cool and gave the hotel character.

This hotel is in a really good location and is a really great price. All the staff were so friendly (everyone in Chicago is!) but the barman was particularly nice. They all gave us advice on where to eat and what bus to get etc..
Our room was clean and much larger than I expected. It was very nice and we had a nice view on the 6th floor. My only slightly negative point is that the mattress was a little uncomfortable.

I agree with other comments that the WiFi should be free.

I didnt eat at the hotel but it looked nice.

The lobby is nice and the conference rooms are impressive (although I only had a quick glance in)

All in all, truth is I am a budget conscious traveller and if this comes in at a good price I will look forward to staying here again as it is very nice.

Room Tip: If you too are worried about ghosts there are none on the 6th floor :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple