“Rooms nice and clean but small bathrooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile

Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #109 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Atlanta, Georgia
“Rooms nice and clean but small bathrooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

About average for a U.S. Marriott. Not happy at all that the Executive Club not open on Saturday. A city (and hotel) servicing conventions weekly should have the Club Open 7 days a week!!! Hotel rest for breakfast very nice and friendly staff. Lobby bar seating is pretty awkward in that there is a lot of wasted space, need more/smaller tables versus large and fewer chairs. Also loud with the large screen TV's. Nice if your team is playing, but if you want As quiet business conversation forget it!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Carmella G, Senior Executive Assistant at Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments regarding your recent stay. We follow standards of operation in that our Club Lounge is opened Sunday - Friday and closed Friday evening through Sunday morning. I am sorry for your disappointment and thank you for your kind comments rgearding our restaurant breakfast being enjoyed and friendly staff/hosts that assisted you. We appciate your feedback regarding seating in the Rush Lobby bar area and TV's. We look forward to welcoming you back and the opporunity to Host You Brilliantly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Having been to Chicago many times, I wanted to stay at this Marriott on Michigan avenue for the great location it has. Being on North Michigan avenue can't be beat.
I was given a room at a high floor and away from the elevator which was what I usually request.

The big bad was extremely comfortable, the bathroom had all what I needed and the work space was good too. Wi-Fi worked really bad and had to stand beside the door to get some decent signal, a pity that a great hotel has bad internet signal in 2014.

On the ground floor there's a Starbucks open and a big bar with lots of big screen TVs to have a good social time. Overall a good hotel with lots of nearby places to walk to. Although a bit outdated, it's still a great place to stay in Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view, especially towards the lake or Michigan avenue.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with a large group the took over the whole hotel. The hotel is well run and they did a great job of accommodating my group. The rooms are on the small side but comfortable enough. The location is perfect. My only real complaint is the internet service in the rooms. They give you 2 options. The basic wi-fi is $15/day. Faster service is available for $20/day. The faster service is for those who want to stream videos etc. The basic service is sub standard at best. I had the basic service and it would often take literally 5 min to download my email on my iPad. Often getting messages that I am not connected to the internet. I would go look up the address of a restaurant and again it would take several attempts. Several times I just gave up and had to use my phone to get my email. Often a email would say 'this message has no content'. I would then use my phone and be able to read the message. I stay at hotels frequently and this does not happen at other properties. Some of the chains give free internet just for being in the loyalty program. Internet that works. If you are going to charge for internet, and $15/day even for a multi night stay is expensive, it should at least work and be reliable. Otherwise everything else was fine. But if you need to use the internet you have to get the high speed at $20/day (gasp!) because the 'basic' just doesn't cut it. Time for a upgrade!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a work event. I've stayed at many hotels for work events and this one has plusses and minuses. Two big plusses for me were the location (right in downtown Chicago) and the lobby/gym area. The lobby is smooth looking and vibrant, with decent food. The gym had two parts, separated by an indoor pool, which I didn't even know about. Both gym areas were good and had personal TVs on the cardio machines.

The rooms themselves weren't anything special - normal size for the main room and surprisingly small bathroom, but that didn't bother me too much. The sheets did not breathe. That is what bothered me the most as each morning I woke up super hot. I wasn't on the "high floor" part so I didn't have a great view, but at least it was quiet as high as I was.

Overall, I would stay again.

Room Tip: The higher the better to get high enough over the tops of the buildings surrounding it and high abov...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nicolas Z, Front Desk Manager at Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments regarding your recent stay. I was glad you found the hotels fitness centers enjoyable. We pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding our guests needs and ensuring each guests stay is a spectacular experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again and the opportunity to "Host You Brilliantly".
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

This Marriott is ideally located in heart of Chicago and very close to all great venues such as millennium park and great restaurants and shopping malls. The hotel has good restaurants and the rooms are quiet clean. Even though this place is expensive, considering the location its a good value. Best part is you can walk to all great places in this area. Had a good stay and I recommend this place to people who want to explore Chicago

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the top floor. View is amazing from floor 35 onwards
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a very good Marriott in the heart of Chicago. If you are fortunate enough to get a high room facing the city you'll enjoy a great view. The executive lounge needs a refresh, but other than that this is very good hotel for both tourists and business travellers alike.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Great rooms and excellent location . I stayed with my husband and 2 grown daughters for 6 nights. All 3 rooms were excellent and the location was perfect for sightseeing. The staff are fantastic, everyone was very helpful. I recommend the buffet breakfast in the hotel, lots of choice which is great if your staying a few days. Room service is also excellent , which we greatly appreciated after a couple of very busy days sight seeing. This hotel is also an excellent seminar venue.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family