“Good hotel, great location”

Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #109 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
New York, NY
“Good hotel, great location”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a work event. I've stayed at many hotels for work events and this one has plusses and minuses. Two big plusses for me were the location (right in downtown Chicago) and the lobby/gym area. The lobby is smooth looking and vibrant, with decent food. The gym had two parts, separated by an indoor pool, which I didn't even know about. Both gym areas were good and had personal TVs on the cardio machines.

The rooms themselves weren't anything special - normal size for the main room and surprisingly small bathroom, but that didn't bother me too much. The sheets did not breathe. That is what bothered me the most as each morning I woke up super hot. I wasn't on the "high floor" part so I didn't have a great view, but at least it was quiet as high as I was.

Overall, I would stay again.

Room Tip: The higher the better to get high enough over the tops of the buildings surrounding it and high abov...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nicolas Z, Front Desk Manager at Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments regarding your recent stay. I was glad you found the hotels fitness centers enjoyable. We pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding our guests needs and ensuring each guests stay is a spectacular experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again and the opportunity to "Host You Brilliantly".

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This Marriott is ideally located in heart of Chicago and very close to all great venues such as millennium park and great restaurants and shopping malls. The hotel has good restaurants and the rooms are quiet clean. Even though this place is expensive, considering the location its a good value. Best part is you can walk to all great places in this area. Had a good stay and I recommend this place to people who want to explore Chicago

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the top floor. View is amazing from floor 35 onwards
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a very good Marriott in the heart of Chicago. If you are fortunate enough to get a high room facing the city you'll enjoy a great view. The executive lounge needs a refresh, but other than that this is very good hotel for both tourists and business travellers alike.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Great rooms and excellent location . I stayed with my husband and 2 grown daughters for 6 nights. All 3 rooms were excellent and the location was perfect for sightseeing. The staff are fantastic, everyone was very helpful. I recommend the buffet breakfast in the hotel, lots of choice which is great if your staying a few days. Room service is also excellent , which we greatly appreciated after a couple of very busy days sight seeing. This hotel is also an excellent seminar venue.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was at this hotel the first week of May, I would say its the one of the worst Marriotts I have stayed at. The location was good but around the corner there are many other Marriott properties. I'm a Marriott rewards member so stayed here but in the past stayed at the Renaissance downtown before and it was a much better property. The bathroom was really dated, had mold over peeling wall paper, my key did not work 2 out of 4 days I was there . After paying $350 for a room you would expect a lot more. To make matters worse I didnt recieve my marriott points, which I will have to fight for now and call and provide my receipt and go through the run around. I will NEVER stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Carmella G, Senior Executive Assistant at Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for forwarding your feedback following yoru recent stay it is welcomed and appreciated. I apologize our service levels were lacking, It certainly would have been our pleausre to relocate you to another guest room. Though it was not mentioned if you stay under a group reservation or individual if under an individual reservation your Marriott Reward points would be system generated credited following your stay, if under a group stay once the group master is closed Marriott Reward points are automatically system generated and posted. We would appreciate the opportuniity to turn your next visit into a exemplary experience and look forward to "Hosting You Brilliantly".

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Erie, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2014

As an Elite Rewards Member I expected a bit more than a tiny room with a leak in the bathroom ceiling, a shower and an air conditioner that didn't operate properly, a light bulb that wasn't operational and towels that smelled like smoke. I requested another room and got the exact room across the hall. The hotel did give me some perks but not enough to renew my membership. Upon my return home I cancelled my Marriott Rewards card.

Room Tip: Don't settle for a room unless you've viewed it first, especially if you're a rewards me...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sylvia R
Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments regarding your recent experience. I apologize and appreciate your feedback regarding your guestroom needing maintenance and repair. In addition, to the room you were relocated to across the hall whcih was a same type room. This was a rare occurnece; as we take great pride in meeting and exceeding our guests needs and ensuring each stay is an exemplary experience. Though we would appreciate the opportunity to turn a return visit experience here around for you we ask you to please contact us direct should your travels allow for another stay. It would be our pleasure to ensure you receive a best availabe accommodation and the privilege of "Hosting You Brilliantly". .
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Last weekend was my daughter's 13th birthday. I wanted to plan something special for her. I booked two adjoining rooms. I invited two of her best friends which happen to be sister's and their mother, whom I am very good friends with, too, so it was perfect. The location of this hotel is close to everything. We were able to walk to Navy Pier for a boat ride then from there we walked to water tower for some shopping. Back at the hotel, the girls were excited to see a Starbucks in the lobby so they were able to get their cream blended frappacinos which are a necessity at this age, ha ha.The staff was so incredibly friendly and helpful. There is a parking garage not even 5 minutes away for parking which is cheaper than hotel parking. My only real complaint is there was no mini refrigerator in the room to keep our "Italian Village" leftovers from dinner so we needed to throw away. The girls also enjoyed the swimming pool but said the temperature was a bit cold. Overall this was a great hotel and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Wish we had a room facing Michigan Ave. Our rooms faced the rooftops of many buildings so view was n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends