I came to Chicago to a congress that took place at this hotel in November 2012. I stayed 3 night. The hotel is nice and its location is great. I went every night with my friends to great pubs and restaurants, which were really close to the hotel. Before I left the city I looked for gifts for my family; and again, many shops are located in the vicinity of the hotel. The Metro station is about 10 minutes walking from the hotel. For me, with small baggage, it was quite ok. So in summary, the location is great.
The people at the hotel, and especially in the reception are very nice and helpful. Full with freat information. The rooms are nice and comfy. For some reason I had two big beds in my room, but I guess that for family its great.
What I didn't like:
- the lighting in the room is too weak. It was very hard for me to work on my computer in the room.
- the price was high (164$ per night) and it did not include breakfast.
- the price did not include internet in my room. For free internet you should go to the lobby.
I did not compare prices before I chose this hotel; i chose it because it hosted the congress and the city was too cold for traveling every morning and evening between a distant-cheaper hotel and the congress. In my opinion the hotel was too expensive in comparison to what it offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile is not your average Michigan Avenue hotel. We're your host to help you experience Chicago to its fullest. Magnificent shopping. Renowned dining. Chicago's top attractions - Navy Pier, American Girl Place, Millennium Park, Theaters and Museums- a walk away. And when you are done exploring, we've got renovated luxury Chicago hotel rooms to relax and recharge. With 90,000 sq. ft. of versatile event space, we are a luxury hotel in Chicago, Illinois that provides a polished setting for productive business engagements, cherished social gatherings, and elegant wedding receptions. When you are with us, forget your standard hotel lobby and discover the M.I Greatroom, where business and pleasure come together in an expansive, comfortable, workable place. At Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, we don't want to just be your place to stay. We want to help you travel brilliantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Marriott