Don't be afraid to use Priceline, as all their hotels in this area are pretty good. This hotel was no exception. We had two rooms and they were able to give us one room with two queens and one with a king sized bed right across the hall from each other. One room was available for early check-in, which was nice. When we walked into the hotel, one of my teens announced that it reminded him of a cruise ship. This is because the lobby is also one big bar, filled with people. It's hard to hear. Because the free wireless is only available on the first and second floors, there are also people sitting around on laptops everywhere, too. The rooms were small, particularly the bathroom. It may have been the smallest bathroom I have ever seen, as you could stretch your arms and practically touch both walls at once. The rooms/lobby are nicely decorated, but showing some mild wear. Beds were comfortable and the shower pressure was great. Views from our rooms on 15th floor were excellent. I thought the elevators were more than adequate during our stay. Special thanks to George, in security, who made sure a letter was held and then delivered to me when I checked in.
1. The main hotel entrance is actually on Rush Street. Don't even bother looking for it on Michigan Ave, unless you are walking, as there is no place to pull up a car to unload.
2. Parking is $40 is you self-park at the garage at the corner of Rush and Ohio. The entrance is on Ohio. If you use the hotel valet, it's $50
3. For breakfast, I recommend the Corner Bakery. Go out the Michigan Ave. entrance and take a right. It's one block down the street.
4. If you want a quiet, romantic bar, walk next door to the Conrad. They have a rooftop bar on the same floor as their lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're not your average Michigan Avenue hotel. We're your host to help you experience Chicago to its fullest. Magnificent shopping. Renowned dining. Chicago's top attractions - Navy Pier, American Girl Place, Millennium Park, Theaters and Museums- a walk away. And when you are done exploring, we've got renovated luxury Chicago hotel rooms to relax and recharge. With 90,000 sq. ft. of versatile event space, we are a Chicago luxury hotel that provides a polished setting for productive business engagements, cherished social gatherings, and elegant wedding receptions. When you are with us, forget your standard hotel lobby and discover the M.I Greatroom, where business and pleasure come together in an expansive, comfortable, workable place. Grab a bite at Rush Street Pantry, our new lobby marketplace concept, with Chef-crafted food focusing on fast, fresh, gourmet options. At the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile Hotel, we don't want to just be your place to stay. We want to help you travel brilliantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Marriott