Hilton Chicago
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$424
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
La Quinta
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$474
$340
Cancelon
  • Room Service
5,541 results
All reviewsgrant parkirish pubexecutive floorgrand ballroomfull bathroomsfield museumhistoric hotelshedd aquariummichigan avelake viewhuge hoteltwo double bedsbuckingham fountainart institutefitness centeran upgradeself parking
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Generally mediocre hotel but the Internet service has to be the worst i have experienced in years - and for $15/day i expected better. Surprising given that this hotel caters to business conventions (it appears).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ronin6050
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I will start this review by saying that this room was part of a block of two rooms that was purchased on priceline, so I wasn't expecting the same level of service as I would have had I paid full price. That said - I was still underwelmed by the room and the staff.

Service was mediocre at best. When we checked in on Friday evening there were 4 people in line and 2 people working behind the very long counter. Once at the counter I was offered a room with a double bed, which I politely declined and asked for a queen or king, preferably on the lake view side. I was told that lake view was $25 per night and that my reservation said "bedding assigned at check in." Which is fine - again I Pricelined it.

We end up with a king size bed directly across from the service elevator. The room itself is small (typical for city setting) and extremely outdated. There was mold in the shower (both in the caulking along the base of the tub and in the grout between the tiles), the shower curtain had some red spots all over it and along the base which I can only hope were rust caused... Suprisingly, it was relatively quiet in the room except for the occasional noise from the L's going by the hotel.

Checkout is at 11 with a "free" grace period until 12pm. They'll hold your bags at a rate of $2 per bag if you need them to.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WanderinArlingtonian
Reviewed October 30, 2010

The service at the Hilton was fantastic from the maid, customer service, bartender, and bell boy. The hotel was convenient to shopping and tourist locations. The hotel decorations were breathtaking and rooms were very spacious.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Rsueh
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We booked a bed & breakfast executive room. The room was nice, but the executive lounge had no free wi-fi, & an extremely limited selection of food & drinks. The coffee was terrible. They served me microwaved coffee.
Also, there was no service you had to prepare your breakfast yourself. Like a cheap hotel. Also, the quality was poor. The second morning I had to wait an hour and a half to get my coupons for breakfast. I told them I don't get the coupon thing. Is it just to frustrate the customer?
With this poor customer service, I wouldn't buy Hilton stock. Like a lot of big businesses, they are trying to take advantage of the customers.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Roseupyass
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a three day get-a-way to Chicago. It was a really pretty hotel, rooms were nice, bed was comfy, had two bathrooms in our room but coffee maker made terrible coffee. I've had keurig coffee in a less expensive hotel. I love getting up in the morning and having coffee in my room and was disappointed. It was not good. Also, the computer monitor would not turn off so the light kept me up at night. Also wi/fi was $15/day which we felt was ridiculously priced. Parking was also way too expensive $42-43/day for parking garage. We parked across the street in a city lot for $25/day and it worked out just fine. The only thing is there were no in/out privileges. We used the metro and bus so didn't need our car. We went across the street to Caribou Coffee for our morning coffee/tea and to use the free wi/fi. We did have some pretty awesome mai tai's in Kitty O'Sheas, the lounge. However, they were pretty pricey, $10 each. But they were good! We got this hotel on priceline for about 55% less. Would not have paid $249 for this hotel. Although anything downtown Chicago is gonna cost you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple