Hilton Chicago
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$679
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$618
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$594
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$301
Cancelon
5,538 results
All reviewsgrant parkirish pubexecutive floorgrand ballroomfull bathroomsfield museumhistoric hotelshedd aquariummichigan avelake viewhuge hoteltwo double bedsbuckingham fountainart institutefitness centeran upgradeself parking
Reviewed October 22, 2010

-My girlfriends name was on the room and I lost my key, had to wait 2 hours after running the chicago marathon for my girlfriend to get back to enter the room. Front Desk attendant was very rude and he had very poor grammar and did not make sense when speaking. The manger was not much more impressive.

-On a Sunday they charged us an extra $50 for a late check out to leave at 1PM rather than Noon.

-Parking is a rediculous $43 a day for guests? It's only Chicago... Many spots in Prime manhattan are cheaper than that.

-The hotel is very old and nothing is updated to convenience standards, not in a pleasurable classic way either. Low ceilings, repulsive designs, dirty worn-out carpets and ugly styling in all of hotel.

-Showers took 15 minutes for hot water to work and a $350 a night room had very little sunlight and views of another hotel room 10 feet away.

-Went to the restaurant in the lobby and waited 20min for a server to come to the table. The waiter actually told us he was busy and would stop by again on several other occasions. Subsequently had very rude and poor service.

-Chicago service in general is very poor relative to other comparble U.S. cities, however this was a complete dissapointment and the Marathon should consider switching base hotels.

-If you are in Chicago for a short weekend the Hilton Chicago is an extremely unbecoming of the city of Chicago and Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BigTraveler55
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Chicago because I was attending a conference at the hotel. The room was sufficient - had a coffee maker, bed, hangers, tv, etc. That's about where my compliments end:
*restaurant rates are outrageous. $21 for a breakfast buffet? $25 to use the gym? $7.50/hr for WiFi!?!?! This is unacceptable when I'm paying $249 per night. Thank goodness the ice was free.
*servers in the restaurant and bar were surly, not well-versed in English, and just rude.
*computer monitors in rooms are silly and turn on at random times during the night
*conference was incredibly cold...everybody was wearing their overcoats the entire time, despite our complaints to management.
*fridge in room was not usable. had to store cold items in the ice bucket.
*Cable channels just flat out SUCKED. I was soooo bored when I had to spend an hour in my room. If I'm paying that much, at least provide the full 70 channels.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank travelingal30
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed one night at the Hilton during our Fall Break (my husband had business so we moved hotels at the end of our vacation so he could work.) We only stayed with him one night. My nine year old daughter enjoyed the pool which is beautiful and quite large. It really is incredible! We had room service because the downstairs restaurants were so nice that we didn't want to have to put on good clothes to go eat. (We were being lazy!) The room service was good and not to pricey. It only took twenty minutes for our food to arrive. The television did not have Disney or Nickelodeon so I got to hear about that and the internet cost money (so my nine year was unhappy with both of those issues.) I would like to come back to this hotel but maybe for a romantic weekend not for another trip with my nine year old.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We stayed there for 5 nights in Aug 2010 with 2 children 7 and 9. We were upgraded to the executive floors because of my hilton status. Even then, we found the hotel to be just ok - nothing to write home about. It's huge, always lot of convention crowd, the furnishings are old, breakfast (even in executive floors) was basic cereal and juice kind. Location is a bit inconveninet - it's not quite walkable to either the museum campus or to magnificient mile area. Overall - a decent experience but for the price, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank travelaroundworld
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Beautiful historic building in great location in front of Grant Park. Bed not very comfortable. Service at the Athletic Club not very good. My husband had a massage in a cold meeting room!
If you go to the Marathon, perfect location.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple