6,333 results
All reviews grant park irish pub grand ballroom executive floor full bathrooms field museum historic hotel shedd aquarium lake michigan huge hotel buckingham fountain two double beds fitness center an upgrade art institute navy pier the magnificent mile
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Hilton is a classic, beautiful old hotel....at one time it was the flagship of the chain. The entrance foyer off of Michigan avenue is one of the most beautiful you will ever see.

The triple elevator banks are great, even with a large conference going on, the elevators were never a wait. This is unusual since many hotels save money on elevators, thus making guests wait and waste time.

The location is wonderful, within walking distance of a great many attractions and restaurants.

Rooms are quiet, clean and well designed. Pull your room blinds at night since the 'E' design gives clear views into other guest rooms.

It is a bit expensive, though I am cheap, others may consider the prices quite reasonable.

Room tip: Ask for the front of the hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank cleflar
BrianMarchi, Manager at Hilton Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Chicago. It was a pleasure to receive your positive scores in our overall service and accommodations.

I am delighted to read your wonderful comments and descriptions which show how familiar you are with our hotel and how much you enjoyed staying with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon, so we can serve you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton hotels are known.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a fantastic stay at the hotel with my boyfriend for a night. Was fortunate enough to check in with Leah, who was able to check me in early and upgrade me to a suite for significantly cheaper than online (highly recommend asking). The view of the lake was awesome and it was a treat to have the air show practice be right out front! The service at the hotel was nothing short of spectacular, I would like to give a thanks to Andy as well as a thank you to Amanda from the front desk, who clarified something to me very professionally! I also had fun chatting with Brian and Kwajro!! Will absolutely be staying here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to receive your 5 star rating of your stay at the Hilton Chicago! It is always great to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests have come to expect and deserve. We will continue to strive for excellence in service as we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay.

We are especially delighted to learn of your appreciation of the services of our staff as mentioned in your review. Please be certain that they will be recognized for their efforts.

We look forward to your next visit to the Hilton Chicago, so we can give you the 5 star service again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton for a conference and combined some personal time while there. We were upgraded to a lake view suite and the room and view was awesome. Unfortunately, there is not an executive lounge but was able to have breakfast in the restaurant instead. My wife and I enjoyed our stay. We also took some late night walks down to the Buckingham Fountain. We also visited the Chicago History museum.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star rating of your stay at the Hilton Chicago! It was a pleasure to receive your amazing high score as it is always great to know that we are meeting the expectations our guests have come to expect and deserve.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed the view and late night walks in the area. We are lucky to be so close to the park and museum where our guests can enjoy some good cultural experience.

We hope to see you soon in your next visit to Chicago so we can give you the 5 star service again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect location for sightseeing and really enjoyed sitting out on the sundeck level7. Surprised no bar or refreshments there, missing a trick. Rooms and much of the hotel feels dated and in need of modernising, I know a lot is made of the historic nature of the building but it felt as though they are hiding behind the art deco a little. Reception staff and breakfast servers were excellent. Did find the place overly busy due to conference delegates appearing to be using all public areas - just meant we dined elsewhere. Despite being on the 23rd floor, still surprisingly heard traffic noise overnight. Continental breakfast is excellent value. Didn't need the upgrade as choice was very good. That said, omelette was excellent on the day I traded up. Well equipped and sizable Gym / fitness room and a nice pool with lanes set to aid swimmers and keep children to one side.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of your past stay with us. It was a pleasure to receive your positive scores in our overall service and accommodations. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the sundeck, the gym and the pool as well as breakfast.

I have shared your additional comments to my team for consideration. We truly value your feedback as it allows us to make improvements in our service and product.

We hope to see you again soon the next time you visit Chicago!

Just FYI.....
I have been a Hilton Honors member for 5+ years. I usually have good stays but this was not the case at the Michigan location downtown Chicago. When we checked in the lady helping us seemed like she was not the least bit insterested in being there. She ran my card for the 3 night stay plus incidentals but she received an invalid card code. We asked her to double check that all of our info was entered correctly. She then ran the card again without our permission or mentioning she was doing so, for $150. A different code kicked out indicating something was wrong. I asked to speak to the manager since it didnt seem like she knew how to troubleshoot nor cared to offer any solutions, she dryly stated: I am the manager. My husband was on the phone with the bank, verifying the paynents had gone through while Aly C. (the manager) blankly stared at her screen & sometimes at us to indicate thete was nothing more she could do. We asked to speak to the company or department that handled billing but she quickly replied all of that is handled in house and there was nothing more they could tell us. In the meanwhile the bank associate was working quickly to find a solution. While we waited, Aly plugged away on her computer obviously working on something else since she offered us no other conversation. After 30 minutes of standing at the desk with Aly C. my bank offered yet another solution which did the trick. Everything processed through on her end but I wanted the $150 that shouldn't have been charged back on my card; she couldn't tell me when it would be available again (later found out policy is to tell customers 3-5 business days AFTER check out). We also had trouble with spiders in our room. Called housekeeping who was quick, friendly, & professional offered us his deepest apologies for the inconvenience. But, we had a great customer service experience with the bell hop & their restaurant The food was delicious and environment welcoming. There was a band playing the second night we dined in. Parking is ridiculously high, almost $75/night. It is best to use SpotHero or street parking a couple blocks away.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We are regretful that you were disappointed with your stay and would like to have the opportunity to make it right. In this regard, may we request you to please contact our Front Office Managers at 312-922-4400 ext. 6943 to discuss the issues noted further.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.