“Nice Hotel for Business” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Chicago
Ranked #95 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas
“Nice Hotel for Business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton on June 25 through June 27. I was disappointed I couldn't stay closer to the Magnificent Mile but was very pleasantly surprised when I got there. I have walked past this hotel several times when I was a kid and thought it would be a great place to stay. I was lucky and got a renovated room. Someone asked me how the new renovated rooms were and I guess the negative room reviews are due to the fact that the upper rooms haven't been completed yet. The only negative with the room is that it was more on the modern side. For such a nice historic hotel it would have been nice for the room to be a little more towards that style. But it was very nice. My room was in the back of the hotel and I had a view of the Sears Tower (I know the name has changed but it will always be the Sears Tower to me). The hotel is about a 1.5 mile walk to the Magnificent Mile. Great walk down Michigan Ave. Grant Park on one side of the road. The walk back is a bit challenging with all the bars between the hotel and the Magnificent Mile. Great place for a business trip. I highly recommend if you are in Chicago. Ask for a lower floor room. I believe those are the ones that are renovated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed in Hilton Chicago for 3 days and I enjoyed the location and hotel. But I was really disappointed with my room. It was dark, missing light bulbs all around the room and carpet need updated!
Service and amenities were good!

• Stayed July 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I was very excited to go to this hotel, as it is just off Michigan Avenue and is in an awesome location. The lobby was filled with modern, luxurious sculptures and paintings, and is quite inviting. The customer service was extremely great, and the staff always made sure we knew where to go and what to do in the city (we're from Bloomington, IN). Our room was not by the lake, sorrowfully, but it was very clean and comfortable. However, you have to be a Hilton HHonors member to access Wi-Fi, and I feed off of Wi-Fi (literally). That was hard to deal with, but the worse was the continental breakfast...16 dollars per person! Who the heck would want to come there? Yes, it's convienent, but the price is ridiculous.

The next day, we decided to check out the swimming pool. I'm disabled, so when I saw the steps were so narrow I realized I needed help. Getting out was a real pain as well. I suggest they rennovate to make the steps larger, so people feel better getting in and out.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay, but those issues should be fixed and changed before we come here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ben F
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It appears we fell short in meeting your expectations and for this we sincerely apologize. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and comfortable stay with us.
Again, please accept our apologies for your disappointments. Please be assured, your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is through feedback such as yours that enables us to focus on opportunities for improvements.
We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known.

Pasadena, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Got a decent rate on this--which was my first visit to Chicago. Staff was not friendly at all, the room was next to a janitorial closet, and it was noisy all night and then again in the morning. In addition we had the WORST $40 breakfast (for 2) where the expensive buffet was pushed. I did the buffet and my son did a la carte. They were both awful. Muffins tasted packaged instead of homemade. Fruit was old (very wet strawberries)--looked like it been sitting for hours and plain store bought bagels and cheerios. TERRIBLE. I'm heading elsewhere for my return trips.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It appears we fell short in meeting your expectations and for this we sincerely apologize. Especially, as it relates to your comment regarding our staff and the noise you experienced. Please be assured, your experience is not typical standards of the Hilton Chicago.
Again, please accept our apologies for your disappointments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is through feedback such as yours that enables us to focus on opportunities for trainings and improvements.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Was looking forward to staying in this iconic hotel. When I checked into my room I there was a pair of men's underwear on the window sill in the bathroom apparently left there by the previous guest that housekeeping failed to remove. In the morning I went to the executive lounge on the 24th floor. It was a disaster. No one was there to admit the guests. Half the tables were occupied by guests the rest had dirty dishes on them that no one was removing. I saw some guests moving dirty dishes from one table to the other just to have a place to sit. Overall the service and attention to detail was quite poor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank diamondHH
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please accept our sincerest apology for any disappointments you experienced with your room accommodations and our executive level. I appreciate your feedback and you can be assured, I will personally follow up with the department heads to ensure such incidents are not repeated.

We truly hope you will allow us future opportunity to serve you again in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known.

Northborough, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The service from checkin to checkout was impeccable. Professional but friendly and unassuming. Beautiful quiet room at a great rate. Will be back soon for a longer stay. We were at the U of Chicago for a visit and the HIlton had a special shuttle with a great driver who made the trip a few times a day. Beds were "just right", exec lounge "just right"...the Hilton is just right.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed at Hilton Chicago for 25th anniversary, and booked a lakeview room. Everthing was great except the window was so dirty that there was no view. Even though the hotel seemed busy, the room was very quiet, so they must have great insulation. Bed was good, everything was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple