“Great location, Nice hotel”
Review of Hilton Chicago

Hilton Chicago
Ranked #103 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights, from May 26-28. When we checked in we upgraded our room to a room with 2 bathrooms and a view of Lake Michigan. The room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. This is a very old hotel, and has a lot of class. Our room had a laptop that had a touch screen and a mouse. I had a tough time getting hot water out of the faucet, but it worked out in the end. This hotel is in a great location, in the middle of a lot of things.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was for business in the Chicago area and stayed 2 nights in the Hilton Chicago during the weekend.
I had a room in the renovated part with a wonderful view over the lake.
The hotel is great and allthough it is a very large hotel, you do not notice it.
The first day, the room was still not cleaned around 17 hours but after asking the cleaning ladies, they took action within 5 minutes.
The bed was so comfortable that it was a real experience.
The staff was very friendly and helpfull.
I am very satisfied and enrolled in the Hilton Honors program because I am intending to come back to this hotel the next time I have to travel to Chicago again

Room Tip: Ask a room in the renovated part in the front. It gives a wonderful view over the lake.
1  Thank MarijkeBoots
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was in Chicago for a week with a business trip, with a little bit of pleasure time thrown in for good measure. I had stayed here four years ago, and being a former resident of the windy city opted for the hotel again. First thing is that its not 'brand new' it does have a certain charm about it and that is the point and its in a great location

The staff at all times were excellent, very helpful and I like the idea of being able to just grab a sandwich from the Snax area when you dont want a big meal. My only compliant is that I always think that internet usage should be free in this day and age.

1  Thank Dicko1965
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here during a recent business trip to Chicago, and found it to have old world charm and a staff who were willing to make it right if you had an issue. The first night I arrived, I was assigned a room that had not been cleaned thoroughly (remaining clothes tags from previous guest under the desk and chair, and black mold lining the bathtub!). Unfortunately another room wasn't available until after noon the following day (the front desk staff explained that although there was capacity, they couldn't reassign me after 5pm until check outs occurred the following morning - something about cleaning staff not being available, etc..) Needless to say, night #1 was miserable, I closed the bathroom door and waited for another room to be available - luckily the 2nd room was perfectly clean and I enjoyed the remaining week without incident. I was impressed by the staff who always paused to say 'good morning' or 'good afternoon' when I traveled through the halls, and they all made my stay quite comfortable. The beds are comfy and other than the first night, everything was dandy!

Room Tip: 'Just check the bathroom for mold when you first arrive and if there's mold, go straight bac...
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My experience at the Hilton of Chicago was one to remember. Upon arrival, we were treated very well and were promptly taken care of. We arrived in a nice size suite with a walk in closet which housed a safe for our belongings. The bellman that brought our belongings up to the room was extremely helpful and always willing to help. When calling and asking for extra towels, the staff was very promt with their response. Our room was cleaned daily and was always in a perfect condition as if it was never stayed in before and appear like new. The restroom was so nice and relaxing with the Zen like decor. The hotel was also centrally located near parks and museums. If I every come to Chicago again, I will definitely stay here. This was my first experience at the Hilton and they now have a guest in their hotels no matter where I go anywhere in the world.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this property while in Chicago for a professional conference. Considering the price I paid and the quality of the property I was very impressed. It is conveniently located and even though it's a historic property, they've done a great job of keeping it well maintained and/or are in the process of updating. The onsite restaurants were good, the concierge was very helpful and it is right across the street from Grant Park and the shoreline (although it is not swimming appropriate shoreline).

Room Tip: Look for the executive floors - breakfast in the morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Hilton Chicago on Michigan Avenue is my go to large hotel when I am in the area. They are constantly renovating the property and the staff have always been helpful and polite. I have stayed at this property more than thirty times over the past 4 years and I have never had a non-memorable experience. The lobby bar is a great place for people watching. The rooms are always clean and accessible. My only negative would be the elite member lounge seems quite small for the size of the property and it is packed with families and kids. I like a more sedate member experience personally. Overall the property is a 4 or 5 star place in my book.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton rewards member, ask for the concierge level - the rooms are awesome. Or, a Jr. S...