“Awesome bed, but a little too noisy”
Review of Hilton Chicago

Hilton Chicago
Ranked #100 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Awesome bed, but a little too noisy”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I'm used to staying at Westins and love the Heavenly Beds, but I think the bed at this Hilton was equally comfortable. I was in a renovated room and it was very nicely done. The conference facilities were good. I would probably stay closer to Michigan Avenue if I was there for a family trip. The only problem I had with the hotel was the noise level. I heard quite a bit of street noise and I was woken up at 5:00 am when I heard the person in the room next to me talking. It is an older building, so the soundproofing isn't very good.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Decent rate we were able to book for hotel stay in Chicago. We came in for a family wedding and the majority of our family stayed at this hotel from a Friday-Monday. Easy to get to the bus and train stops quickly. Very close to Yolk and Eleven City dinner which are both great places to eat in the morning, since we were not offered free breakfast with our stay. Notice, in order to get WiFi you have to "upgrade" for $25.00/extra a day. That's a bit steep considering WiFi is offered free at most other hotels. Parking is very expensive as well, so we opted to take the train/bus everywhere so we didn't have the additional $45/day parking fee. Not sure if they offer mini refridgerators in other rooms, but ours didn't have one, which was a bit annoying since I had a 1yr old with us. Would have been nice to have it to keep milk cold and left overs in along with some beverages for the morning. The water had an odd smell to it first thing in the morning. Not sure if it's the pipes due to age or if I'm just not used to 'Chicago' water. other then that, average hotel nothing special. Pool is freezing cold water. My son cried the whole time and his lips were turning blue. Hot tub super hot! they might want to check into turning the hot tub down and the pool heater up!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a very big hotel (when it was first opened it was the largest hotel in the world!), but it is also very well designed so the guests never feel lost. I spent four nights here in May 2013. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel has a great pool, which for some reason was never busy. The staff were friendly and efficient, and checkout could not have been easier, with no waiting in line at the front desk. The location is very convenient, with the Art Institute just up the street, and plenty of buses and L trains nearby. My only complaint would be the excessive internet charges. At a time when most hotels offer free wireless, many 4 star hotels seem to think it is okay to nickel and dime their customers on this service. And $12.95 per day is not cheap. If I had not had an excellent Hotwire rate on the room, I would have been more annoyed. Each room comes equipped with a computer setup, or you can buy wireless for your laptop. I'd recommend using your laptop, the hotel supplied service was pretty clunky and had some problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a business/vacation trip. I'm not sure if we would have chosen it if we had to pay for the whole stay ourselves as it's a bit more expensive than I would have liked to pay but the service, decore were very nice and the location was pretty good as well.

It's on one of the main roads withing 20min walking distance to most of the typical attraction in the city.

Cons:
- No free breakfast
- No mini fridge

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Naples, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I can not say enough good things about your staff and my stay last week at the Hilton Chicago. I was staying at your hotel for the Printing Hub 2013 conferences and users group sessions. From the moment I walked in the door, you were offering to hold my bags as I checked in. I called for toothpaste one morning, had to leave for a brief moment before I was able to get it, and it was there waiting for me when I returned! I felt truly taken care of on all levels. The food preparations were fabulous as well. I was NEVER hungry on this trip :) Please extend a BIG thank you to your entire staff. You ALL deserve an A+!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Katelyn K
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was a bit nervous booking this hotel. Will it be too big and noisy? Well, it was busy, but was a well organized and heavily staffed place. Has a cafe in lobby with packaged sandwiches and breakfast items to take on the go or sit down. They were all yummy. Rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Towels and linens were super nice and new. Room had alot of updates, including bathroom. I was in Rm 1703, and it has a view of Navy Pier, Art Institute, Millenium park, etc. King bed, TV, Computer, hair dryer. It was street side so did have a bit of honking/sires noise at night from Mich Ave, but quieted down after 11pm or so. This room does connect to a suite, so has a connecting door which was locked. The person in this room smoked so I got some 2nd hand smoke under door. A towel at the base of the connecting door solved the problem. Overall, staff friendly, clean/comfortable rooms, close to Buckingham Fountain. Only thing I would change would be get a better door between suite and room, or maybe just a strip for base of door to prevent smoke from getting under. This hotel also could use a bit of updating on hallway carpet...seems a bit outdated. Otherwise great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank truparkhaysmom
Ventura, CA
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have nothing but happy memories of our long weekend at this hotel. I had not read the reviews before we went on our trip, and reading them afterwards I am wondering if we just had the luck of the draw. The front desk was very nice at check-in. Our room was on the 23rd floor with a view of Grant Park and absolutely lovely. We enjoyed having two bathrooms - a first in our travels. The room was quiet and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed the appetizers at the Executive Lounge as well as the breakfast, and took advantage of having a pub/restaurant on site for some late-evening drinks and dessert. The ambience of the hotel is wonderful, as is the history. We walked everywhere from the hotel and thought it was an ideal location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family