Didn't expect much from this conference-oriented hotel knowing some of the rooms (including the one I was assigned) are on the smaller, dated side. However, the overall experience over several days was positive and I can see why it is such a popular destination for business and leisure travelers.
What wasn't great:
1. "King Room" consumed mainly by the bed, requiring me to store my luggage and other bags in the closet to have any walking space.
2. Un-adjustable desk chair designed more for sitting than working.
3. Dated old monitor/gaming system taking up desk space.
4. Annoying, dated menu system requiring multiple keystrokes to get to the regular TV menu. I solved this problem by leaving the TV on when I left the room.
5. No laundry bag left by housekeeping any of the days of my stay. To be fair I didn't ask.
6. Long lines at the SNAX center. Why not have one line for folks ordering food and another for those just picking up water, etc?
What made up for it:
1. Very quiet, well ventilated space albeit with no view whatsoever. Great sleeping.
2. The fastest elevators of any hotel I've been in recently.
3. Plenty of bell staff ready when and where you needed them (thanks Nick, Pat, Brett, and all)
4. Helpful, pleasant concierge team
5. Convenient Fedex centers (2)
6. While I didn't use myself, colleagues raved about the hotel pool.
7. While not on the Miracle Mile, an easy walk to inexpensive carryout food like Corner Bakery. Less frenetic for walking around the neighborhood.
For a business stay, this hotel is well situated and priced. It's some distance from the N. Michigan corridor but very convenient to art museum and theatre district. Would try it again and ask for a room on the higher floors which have been modernized.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic meets cool as Hilton Chicago embarks upon a $150 million renovation in celebration of our 85th birthday. The fresh, new vibe inspired by traditional, design rich elements pulls its inspiration from the hotel’s original architecture and intertwines a dynamic and contemporary spin. With the renovation underway, the hotel has already introduced over 400 new guest rooms, 13 new hospitality suites, a new technologically versatile Grab & Go – SNAX and a new restaurant with private dining space and bar – 720 South Bar & Grill. The new contemporary guestrooms have been cultivated with ornamental lacquer finishes, soft leather and rich, bronze wood detailing accented by a cool color palette of velvet and silk textured accents. Guestroom media capabilities include a 37 inch flat screen television, in room touch concierge panel, HCN Navigator computer and wireless and wired internet access. Following a day exploring Chicago, decompress at the largest Chicago hotel athletic club with running track, take a dip in our indoor pool facility or catch some rays on our sundeck during the spring and summer months.Located on Michigan Avenue in the South Loop, the Hilton Chicago is 1.6 miles to McCormick Place, along the Shuttle Route to McCormick Place and the first stop on the returning route from the convention center. Directly across the street from Grant Park and walking distance to Millennium Park, Buckingham Fountain, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, Lake Michigan, Buddy Guy’s Legends, South Loop dining and art galleries, Museum of Contemporary Photography, The “Loop” – Chicago’s Financial district, State Street Shopping, Soldier Field as well as two short “L” stops to Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Towers Chicago
- Hilton Chgo Hotel