1) One of our party got sick and we wanted to delay our trip another week or two (we had made reservations 2 weeks in advance). Hotels.com would not let us change. I called the Essex and they would not change.
2) When we got to the Essex, they gave us a one bed room. Our receipt from Hotels.com says "2 Adults, 2 Children Standard Room/2 double".
The staff and management would not find a double room for us, did not apologize, did not offer money back and put the entire blame on Hotels.com.
Hotel was nice, but we were NOT happy that the 4 of us had to stay in a 1 bed room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chicago's Essex Inn is a hotel in downtown Chicago on the Michigan Avenue Cultural Mile that combines breathtaking panoramas of Grant Park, the Museum Campus and Lake Michigan with exciting promotional packages that incorporate famed attractions and events in Chicago. From our steel and glass lobby to contemporary rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, the Essex Inn offers amazing views and amazing value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Chicago's Essex Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chicago`s Essex Hotel Chicago
- Chicagos Essex Hotel
- Essex Inn Chicago
- Hotel Chicagos Essex