“Great Service , a couple of issues but great location”

Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago
Ranked #88 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Connecticut
“Great Service , a couple of issues but great location”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

This hotel is perfect for coming into Chicago for the Cubs or for Boystown and the Pride Parade. I have stayed here for many years at this location and have already booked for next year. The staff here is wonderful and works hard to insure you have a great stay. Kudos to Vince the Bellmen for his wonderful and accomodating service to meet the guest needs. You are an asset to this location.

I would not have given the ratings that I did for the hotel had it not been for the staff. I was extremely disappointed by my business queen room based on its size. I have been in business rooms before and they are usually larger. I accepted the room but was very upset when my friend checked into a Standard queen room and got a room 3 times in size which just didnt make any sense. The staff here was the lifesaver and made it right.
The hotel is always spotless and well maintained. The staff is always friendly and positive. The exception to this is the outside company that does the valet, not very friendly and not reflective of the Days Inn team at all. LOL they actually brought the wrong car but I dont hold that against the Days Inn team.
If you want a clean comfortable hotel in Lincoln Park that is in an excellent location and has a great staff that cares about there guests then this is the place to stay. Thanks Days Inn for making it right for me and look forward to seeing you for Pride 2011.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed June 29, 2010

This hotel has all the quality and service of an upscale boutique hotel with the price of a budget hotel. Staff was helpful and knowledgeable, the room was huge and very comfortable. Located in a fantastic neighborhood. This is a GREAT value!

Okla
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This was our first trip to Chicago so we had no idea what to expect of any part of the city. We wanted to stay around the Loop area so we would be closer to things, but there was a large convention in town and the Blackhawks were also playing for the Stanley Cup. I read some pretty good reviews so I felt comfortable about choosing this hotel.

When we arrived on Sunday around 1:00 we were unable to check in as a room was not ready. The girl at the front desk said a room may be ready in an hour or it would be guaranteed at 3:00pm. She said we could check our luggage at no cost until that time. This was fine with us because we were ready to eat lunch and take a walk down to the beach near the lake. By the time we returned it was very close to 3:00 and our room was ready. There was a different person checking us in and when he pulled up our information he said that we were now upgraded to a larger room. We didn't know what we did to deserve the upgrade, but we were very happy about it as I heard some of the rooms were very small.

Our room had plenty of room. We had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It had a futon type couch in the room that would double as a bed for someone (sheets and blankets in the closet). We did not have a view because we were facing the inside of the building which was fine with us as I had heard the outside rooms were a bit noisy due to the traffic on the streets. The airconditioner worked really well in the room. Of course it was pretty rainy and cool while we were there so it wouldn't have had to work too hard. A plus to the airconditioner is that it helps drown out noise from other rooms. While we didn't hear our neighbors too much you could hear all activity in the hall. They do give you one set of earplugs just in case you are bothered by noises. The bed was very, very comfortable. The room and bathroom area was very clean.

The front lobby is very nice and would always have people gathered around the seating areas which seemed so inviting. The breakfast area is very small and narrow though and felt too cramped when we went down two mornings. We only grabbed a coffee and juice because there were too many people.

The elelvator is very small and only room for about 4 people - without luggage. The hallways to the rooms are very dark, but not scary. The numbering to the rooms is confusing.

The staff was always very friendly and very helpful when we had questions.

The elevated train is about four blocks from the hotel and very easy to use. There are several shops and good places to eat close by.

I was very pleased with our stay. The hotel has a great follow up email program so you can express your opinions about your stay. I would stay here again.

Sycamore, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2010

1. Called to see if there was valet parking and was informed that there was. However, there were cars parked directly in front of the hotel, so we self parked around the corner.
2. Scary elevator
3. Room numbering is a mess,,,,,
4. Corner room, VERY tiny. had to walk in the door sideways
5. Tiniest bathroom on the planet, no counter space at all.
6. Whenever anyone else in the building or adjacent rooms or what have you, flushed or used water-the temp of the shower water SKYROCKETS!! This happened to me as I was washing my face. Nothing compares to scalding hot water!!!
7. Front desk staff very impersonal
I would definitely not stay here again.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Caney, Kansas
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We book the room several months ago because of our Amtrak connections. Was very pleased with the accomodations and the staff were all very helpful by providing directions that were needed and helped load our luggage when we left.

The breakfast was very good and plentiful. Everything kept well stocked and fresh.

wellington, fl
Reviewed June 12, 2010

This is not the upscale, pretty part of Lincoln Park area (you need to be S. of Armitage for that) but it's not dangerous and this is a good location for getting around via the bus ($2.25 per ride), either the #22 Clark or the Broadway bus.

Room was small but ok...very clean if you overlook the used bandaid I found on the back of the black plastic-covered guide to the hotel book. The A/C wasn't noisy, so I didn't have to use the earplugs that come with the room. No view; but, given the location, I didn't expect a view. Pillow cases were a little scratchy. Room was quiet even though it was near the 1 elevator that serves the whole hotel...no long waits for the elevator either...amazing.

Breakfast is 6:30am to 11am and I always got there early when the selection of cheese danish was still there...fresh oj was nice...some protein or yogurt would have been nice.

The staff was helpful and friendly but they might need more maids as I couldn't check in early...but, they held my luggage for free.

There was a huge convention in town, so I stayed further north than I normally would...but, I would consider this hotel a pretty good value (via Priceline). They will put $60 charge on your card to cover any mini-bar (which is basically micro-wave popcorn & a granola bar) or damage charges. But, they take it off within a few days.

There are vending machines with chips, water, soft drinks (all reasonably priced!!) on the 1st floor and there's one washer & dryer too...which is a big plus when I travel light!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Westchester, NY
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Very nice hotel - not your typical Days Inn - in cool area of Chicago with bars/restaurants all around and close to other cool areas on the North side ... FUN 15 walk up Clarke to Wrigley and close to beaches. We took cabs & walked a lot so no input on bus/train.... Breakfast was a little above most with belgian waffles and a few other niceties...

Place was pricey but we stayed over holiday weekend during Cubs/Cardinals so take that into account......... I would def stay here again, especially if back for a Cubs game.....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends