“Okay Days Inn”

Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago
Ranked #92 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We spent 2 nights here while in town to visit family. Even though it is obviously an older building, they do a good job in upkeep and the place is very clean. The noise at night was horrible the first night from street traffic ( what was up with all the loud motorcycles all night?) The second night was better and just typical city noise. If you want anything for breakfast except carbs, you are out of luck. Donuts, cereal, danish, bagels and waffles and that's it. At $185 a night it is pretty pricey, but I guess that's Chicago for you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank parksorbust
There are newer reviews for Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have a very pleasant stay in this location of Chicago. It situates in busy streets and interesting places. I think it is an exciting community. Walking distant to the local gym - La Fitness. Very close to the Bair Theater( where you can catch a nice play to enjoy). Lots of places to hang out all day and night. It is not far from the subway station (easily catch a subway) to the downtown Chicago. Or taxi ride to the downtown is around 13 US$. Or you can get a all day pass for bus ride and subway ride for 5 US$.

There was a fabulous person who's work in this Days Inn. His name is "Neil" who made my trip very easy and smooth. His service is really beyond and above. It makes a huge different when you were traveling in a busy city like Chicago.

I have a flight to catch in the early morning. I have to leave the hotel around 3:30am and the Airport Express messed up my booking. I could not have a ride back from my hotel to the airport via the same Airport Express in which, this company charged me the returning fair and promised me for the pick up. In the end, the company could not fulfill the service as they advertised. The Airport Express made me very disappointed and stress on my last day of my stay in Chicago. Luckily, this wonderful person "Neil" not only help me to organize a taxi(on time)also ensures a morning call for me in the next morning. I was very impress his service and his profession.

Room Tip: "rooms on the south side are quieter". I travel alone and I appreciate a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vanessayim8000
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Room rate aside (this IS Chicago we're talking about), I have no complaints. The location was great for me. Lots of food and shopping options only a few steps from the hotel lobby. The beds were very comfortable, especially for a Days Inn. The room, while a bit dated, was clean and fresh. Noise was not a problem. Seemed like we were the only one's at the hotel on a very busy weekend. Breakfast was fine, as was the staff. Valet was friendly. $24 per day for valet is a bargain in downtown Chicago. Go for it. I enjoyed the short jog to the lakefront...as well as running along the beach. Great way to start the day. Book with confidence, fellow travellers...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jmpatrick63
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Booked a room here for $102. It's in a nice neighborhood, with lots of shops. Public transportation is nearby. The room was small, but fine for one person. It was a very hot day, and the air-conditioning worked great. Free breakfast until 10 AM. Friendly staff. They make you sign a pledge that you won't smoke in your room, and if you do, there's a $200 fine. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint is that it is very noisy; you can hear everything that goes on in the hallway in your room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2012

we were in town for a wedding in lincoln park. as part of wedding block 3 nites at 200/nite including taxes fees etc. rooms were big and clean. hotel is very central in lakeview/lincoln park neighborhood. 5 min walk to red, brown line train. 12-15 min walk to wrigley.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

i visited the days inn for 2 nights this last week. i had a great stay. the hotel is clean, the staff is WONDERFUL. the breakfast was free, so you can't complain. if i would complain about the breakfast, it was all carbs. the only protein is peanut butter packets and the milk. but, it is free.

if you drive to the hotel, do the valet. it is $24 a night, but you can go in and out as much as you want. if you do the parking garage on your own, they charge a new fee everytime you go in and out. clarification: the hotel does NOT have its own parking, they use a commercial garage. you are better off with the valet.

i was very impressed with this hotel. i plan on using it every time i go to chicago in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank toddgak
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have stayed here twice and was happy both times. The first time I had a traveling companion. We were put in a nice, large exterior wall room with 2 beds and plenty of space. The bed linens seemed to just envelope you and I had one of the best night's sleep away from home that I have ever had. My most recent trip I traveled solo. The interior room was MUCH smaller but just as clean and comfortable and all I needed for a night's stay. Cleanlinest is my biggest concern and this was very clean. The employees I came in contact with were very courteous and knowledgeable. The continental breakfast is adequate. There were cereals, pastries, bagels, etc. and juice that was labeled fresh squeezed (orange and grapefruit). I like that I can walk around the area and feel safe. Compared to other hotels in the city, it is very reasonable. While I hate having to pay for parking, this is as reasonable as I found anywhere in the city. I have a child who is in school in Lincoln Park and this will be my hotel of choice when I need to be there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo