“Value and location”

Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago
Ranked #92 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I wasn't sure we'd like being out of the downtown area while visiting Chicago. We have found this hotel to be very convenient to transit into the city proper as well as a short walk from Lincoln Park. The neighborhood is safe and friendly; lots of small shops and restaurants. The desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room has been immaculately cleaned each day and was sparkling when we arrived. The TV is not a plasma or led, but we didn't come here to watch television. Everyone from the door man to housekeeping staff have been welcoming. If I come back to Chicago, I'll plan to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago

Reviewed May 2, 2012

The place was clean and all the staff was very friendly and for the most part helpful (one staff member, valet, sent me in the wrong direction at one point. Breakfast was what you would expect from continental. But rooms were small and the TV (room 304) was not HD (and at times with static that in this day you don't usually see) as my friend down the hall was. They should probably update all rooms. There definitely was street noise but it is Chicago. In the future, I would stay at a multi-story hotel and stay towards the top. Overall the hotel is very basic- no pool or gym. But we didn't spend a lot of time there so I guess that was ok (although I would've had time to work out if there was a gym). I probably would not stay there again but for the price, not bad. One last thing, the mattress and pillows were hard. Between the street noise and that, didn't get restful sleep at all while there.

Room Tip: I guess maybe a room facing the alley. Not a good view but quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I usually stay in one of the small boutique type hotels in Lincoln Park. Frankly, I decided to stay at this hotel because it was inexpensive and in a good location. I didn't know what to expect. I was really impressed and had a great stay! My room was immaculate and had all the features I needed. The breakfast was very nice and the dining room staff was extremely attentive. The front desk folks were warm, full of smiles and always helpful. I enjoyed my visit and will return. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SoCaArgentino
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Unlike the 1 to 2 stars all Days Inns are this is a 5 star hotel! Nice area too. Great staff.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have never written a review while still IN the hotel before but I feel compelled by the nature of the place and the staff, Quite clearly the negative comments of 5 years ago spurred the owners into life and they really have made a silk purse out of a sow's ear! I have never had a hotel room in a capital city at such a reasonable price for such high quality. Sure, it hasn't got a pool...big deal, Lake Michigan is a couple of blocks away if swimming is what you go to a hotel for. I go for comfort, security, friendly staff and access to the main attractions. All these are available without question. From reception greeting me on arrival (thank you, Albert), through to any question I had, be it ever so trivial, I was treated with total courtesy and respect...and the guys on the desk actually know what they're talking about. This hotel should be the flagship of Days Inn, it's nothing fancy to look at but everyone is there for your satisfaction. Rooms immaculate, comfortable beds, adequate breakfast, free wi-fi and buses into town outside your door. I agree, if I had a car, valet parking is expensive but this is a big city....the car is not welcome, there is no space! Come on, try it, for the money you won't be disappointed and if you are then they will want to know about it - they really care!

Room Tip: King size rooms are worth the extra.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Busmantoo
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a very clean, friendly, well-located hotel. Latasha was extremely patient and kind through many emails as I wanted know all I possibly could about the hotel and the area. We used the valet parking (at $22 a day with in-out privileges it's a bargain here or any other big city) and we were treated wonderfully, which made for an excellent first impression. Check-in was quick and easy and the desk and bell staff were friendly and professional. Our room was a two-queen business class, with a microwave, refrigerator, big closet. and very clean and inviting. We usually do not have housekeeping done when we stay for an extended period of time, except for fresh towels, but this Days Inn insists on cleaning the room after three days, which we thought was an indication of its dedication to cleanliness. The free continental breakfast was fine, no eggs or meat, just pastries, bagels, juice and coffee, and the breakfast area was pleasant. Most of all, we really appreciated the location and the helpfulness of the staff. We normally stay at Marriott properties and have been unimpressed with other Days Inns, but we recommend the Days Inn Chicago. It is in a lovely building in a great neighborhood with a wonderful staff. We did get what we thought was a good deal by booking in advance.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Parking was expensive. No hot tub or pool. Rooms where great.

• Stayed: April 2012