“Great Hotel!”
Review of Inn of Chicago

Inn of Chicago
Ranked #145 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed February 1, 2006

Me and my cousin was here with my brothers family on wacation. (We're from Norway)And we stayed on this Hotel for 1 week of two.
Now, we didn't stay on the hotel that much, it's so much to do in Chicago. But when we where there, I must say I enjoed my/our stay. So I reccomend this hotel for everyone stayng in Chicago.

- Christian.
PS: I apologize if my English is poor...
PPS: I dont have any Pics of the hotel =)

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank Christianss
Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed January 30, 2006

Location is good, but that's the best thing to say about this hotel. The homeless begging outside the main street doors was aggravating at times.
Staff not over accommodating. Until I told them I was a Best Western Frequent traveler no extra enthusiasm. We then received breakfast coupons.
Room and hallways small. Our room had a bad smell and had to buy a candle to deodorize.
All in all a bad experience for a first trip to Chicago.
Sorry to say.
Spend the extra $ and stay at the Marriott down the street, seemed worth the extra expense.

• Stayed: January 2006
6  Thank mjrwarre
Reviewed January 22, 2006

I checked into the Best Western Inn of Chicago January 22, 2006 for two nights. The hotel is old in appearance. I found the rooms to be small but acceptable ( I knew I wasnt statying at the Hyatt). The problem I have with this hotel is the service. Monday night I needed to access the internet for school. At no point on the web site, during my reservation, or check in did do they mention that you only get wireless high speed internet access on the 17th floor and above. I was told that they have hot spots for wireless access in the lobby. Problem solved right? Wrong. I could not get a signal in the lobby. No one behind the front desk had any solutions and when I explained to the attendant at the check in desk my dilemma, she said, and I quote, " I dont know what to tell you". Another employee suggested that I use dial up from my phone line in the room. That would be good except for the 20 cents per minute charge after thirty minutes for a local number. When asked if the phone charge could be waived due to the lack of the hotel providing the wireless internet access it advertises, first the attendant let out a little silly laugh, and then said no. Finally, out of frustration and the lack of time to argue, I went to the top floor (22) where I sat on the floor in the hallway to get a signal. If location and price is important to you then it's not a bad hotel. If you expect courtesy and for the front desk staff to assist you with problems you encounter, you may want to stay somewhere else. Good location, acceptable hotel, poor service, and misleading advertisement.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank houstonblue
Reviewed December 29, 2005

My daughters and I wanted to spend a couple of days in Chicago over Christmas break and do some shopping without spending a fortune on the room. This hotel met all our expections and then some. We were close to the Magnificant Mile for all the great shopping and within walking distance to great restaurants and the subway. The free trolley to Navy Pier was a great perk as well, but we could easily have walked there as well. The concierge desk was helpful with directions and everyone was helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank bambam26
Reviewed December 19, 2005

We stayed at The Inn of Chicago for 5 nights in mid October 2005. The staff were good to deal with, not overly friendly but professional in their approach with customers. The rooms were superb, we'd booked two doubles and were huge and spotlessly clean. However, on check-out, we vacated our rooms at 12pm and brought our bags to the lobby. We were offered the service of minding our bags by the bellhops (the guys with the blue jackets)while we went for lunch before leaving for O' Hare at 3pm. I enquired as to the cost of this and was informed $ 40.00 which I thought was a little expensive but we had a lot of bags and couldn't bring them with us so we accepted their offer. On collection we asked them to organise a cab to the airport which they did, we paid the $ 40.00 to another of the bellhops who was overly thankful insofar as he asked was this for the taxi fare. Needless to say the penny dropped and we felt ripped off. Anyway, a taxi pulled up outside the door, we gathered our bags and went outside and the bellhop nearly broke his neck running out after us to tell us that this wasn't ours and he'd ordered a mini-van for our comfort. This duly arrived and we loaded up, this "mini-van" was smaller than the cab we got from the airport 5 days earlier. On arrival at O' Hare we asked the fare as our driver had neglected to switch on the meter and were informed $ 50.00. $10.00 more than the fare 5 days beforehand. RIPPED OFF AGAIN. The bottom line is I would stay in this hotel again but the dealings with the bellhops left me with a bad taste in my mouth and they tainted what was up to then a very enjoyable stay. I did complain to the hotel on my arrival home and while they did acknowledge my email, I'm still waiting for a response on the hotels position on my experience.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank Brian3599
Reviewed November 29, 2005

What a pleasant surprise! I can't lie...when I heard "Best Western" ... I was a little bit worried. I was pleasantly surprised at the nice room and the excellent service received at this secret gem of a hotel in the most perfect location on Michigan Avenue! Upon check-in, the desk clerk could not have been any nicer! He upgraded me to a corner room on the 19th floor which I am assuming was larger than most rooms. We had 2 double beds (see photos), a nice TV unit, a table, 2 chairs and plenty of space!

The bathroom was small but very adequate. (photos) It was lacking in any counter space or hooks, which was a bit difficult with three of us sharing a room.

I can't think of a better location. I have stayed on North Michigan Avenue, and also near the Wacker Bridge...but this location was so central, that I really think it was the best of both worlds. The views from our TWO windows were great! (photos)

The concierge was VERY helpful with directions, suggestions, bus information, etc! If she was not there, the front desk staff knew lots of info, too!

I would definitely stay in the Inn of Chicago again for the great rate that we got.

4  Thank Varda C
Reviewed November 8, 2005

I just spent three nights here. I arrived 2 hours before check in time on a busy Sunday afternoon and my room was ready. Yes the room is small but it was adequate. The bathroom, also small, showed signs of revent renovation and was fine. The shower water pressure was excellent! The staff treated me very well and the concierge was helpful. The only real drawback is the heating cooling system. There is only an on off switch and is just does not work very well. Fortunately the weather was very nice so it was not a problem. I don't think I would want to stay here in the Summer.

• Stayed: November 2005