“GREAT LOCATION!”

Ranked #144 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“GREAT LOCATION!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Hotel is only a block away from Michigan Ave., food, shopping and fun. Everyone was very helpful. The bar was fun with plenty of people and the sitting area was cozy. I found the room to be chilly and dated, the good thing was the heater settings were adjustable. Slept well and spent most of my time out and it was a GREAT weekend! I don't recall seeing a restaurant or a pool, but a nice coffee shop is connected to the hotel. Again, it's in great location!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Loving L,
The Inn of Chicago is one of the best kept secrets in downtown Chicago...offering comfortable and affordable accommodations only steps from the Mag Mile! The adjacent LavAzza cafe next door is a popular place for guests and locals alike. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
-The Inn of Chicago Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Korean first
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I usually dont make a point to review every single place I stay, but people deserve a warning about this place.
1. Dirty rooms! The second morning of our stay I was cleaning up a bit and discovered a condom wrapper alongside the base of the bed. This sent my teenage son into a gagging fit since he had slept on the bed the night before. Grossed out!
2. I booked the room for 2 adults and 1 child...that's 3 people. When we arrived at the hotel they would only give us a room with one bed unless we paid another $20 per night. This is the most ridiculous policy ever and a total scam. I would've booked an entirely different hotel in the first place for another $20 per night.

I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. If I had to find something nice to say, it would be the excellent location one block off Michigan Avenue.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lisa B
Dear Lisa B,
We sincerely regret to learn the details of your recent stay. Your comment about the room cleanliness will be shared with our Hotel Manager to ensure that we are adhering to the strict policies already in place here. We hope to welcome you back for a much improved experience, and kindly ask you to contact our Hotel Manager, Nick Katinos, so we can offer a resolution to your disappointing experience. He can be reached at: 312-573-3132 or via email at: nick.katinos@innofchicago.com.
-The Inn of Chicago Team

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'm assuming that this hotel was relatively new but it sure didn't feel like it. The location is decent, had no issues with any of the staff, they were all very helpful. I just felt that the rooms felt very tired. It seemed like lots of attention was paid to ensure the large details were in place but it felt that attention to detail wasn't exactly a priority which is really what sets hotels apart in my opinion. The rooms had an 'old' smell to them too. Wasn't the worst hotel experience I've ever had but it wasn't the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear drewsntravel,
Our hotel was originally built in 1927, and has many unique characteristics that many other traditional hotels do not offer. There is a combination of contemporary and traditional guest rooms available throughout our hotel. We do hope that you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back again and regain your confidence in us.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was the perfect location to explore Chicago. It's within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants I wanted to visit. Valet parking was very convenient is expensive, at $54 overnight plus all the tips to the valet. That's almost the same as what I paid for the room.

The room itself was on the small-ish side, but beds were comfy. The carpeting looked a bit shabby, and the heater was noisy but it was otherwise pleasant. No fridge (but at that price, I didn't expect much).

Free in-room wifi for Choice Privilege members, which was awesome.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear irenenevada,
We offer one of the best locations in downtown Chicago for those looking to do some retail therapy. Our parking rates are actually more affordable than other nearby hotels in the surrounding area, but regret if the cost caused any inconvenience. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great location, poor service and very bad cleaning.

The check in process was a bad sign...ignored, took 10 minutes to give me a key, nothing explained, and interrupted multiple time by other guests because they were frustrated it was taking so long for the line to move.

We stayed in room 1714...it had dirty fingerprints on the light switches, two different faucets in the bathroom (one didn't work right), and the bathroom counters / floor were not cleaned. Leaving soap marks, dust, and hair behind. Gross! The decor was not updated (as advertised), it was clearly designed in the early 90's and out of date. The couch was so worn out that the cushions were failing and it had a dip in the middle... I don't need to go on. It was a poor experience.

The Pros: location is hard to beat if you want to be on Michiagn Ave and the room was huge.

I will never stay there again, i wish I could get my money back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adam H
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Adam H,
We regret to learn about your disappointing experience at our hotel. Please be assured that we value everyone one of our guests, and do everything to make sure their stay is as enjoyable as possible. It seems we fell short in delivering this basic promise to you, and for that we sincerely apologize. If given another opportunity, we hope to welcome you back for a much improved stay.
-The Inn of Chicago Guest Experience Team
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 19, 2014

You can't beat the location and the price of this hotel. However, some of the amenities were not quite as luxurious. I was disappointed to not find a mini fridge or microwave in my room. Also, the room was very small. It was difficult to maneuver between the bathroom and the door to the room, and I'm a small person! I was also disappointed that we were never provided a bar of soap in the bathroom for hand-washing. Also, there were only ice machines on every other floor. It was also very noisy with loud yelling outside our room and someone banging on our door in the middle of the night. But, for the price and the location for a nice getaway, it was fine! Just pack a cooler and some soap! I do not think I'd like to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ally H
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Ally H,
We are glad you enjoyed our great location and value proposition. However, it disappoints us to hear that our accommodations fell short of meeting expectations. Unfortunately, we do not offer microwaves in our hotel rooms but there are small portable refrigerators available for a daily nominal fee. Since our hotel is designated as a historic boutique hotel in downtown Chicago, the size of our guest rooms are smaller than other traditional hotels. If given another opportunity, we hope to welcome you back for a much improved experience.
-Inn of Chicago Guest Experience Team
Harrison Township
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We always stay at this hotel. It's located 1 block from Michigan Ave, within walking distance to great shopping/sight seeing. Destinations that are further away are easily accessible via cab/bus. Very affordable.

• Stayed February 2014