“An ok stay for one night.”
Review of Inn of Chicago

Inn of Chicago
Ranked #144 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The location is excellent, the view from the 16th floor was great! There were a couple of problems though:

No free Wi-Fi in the rooms, you have to go the lobby to use it.
All white bedding, I was afraid to even sit on the bed! But after I conquered my fears the bed turned out to be very comfortable and ended up having a good night's rest.
A fridge but no microwave, pretty awkward.
Took forever for the room to get warm, kept having to reset the heater.

Other than that, the place was good for a one night stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Alisha H,
We are glad you enjoyed the skyline view from your guest room during your stay. Due to the unseasonably cold weather we've been experiencing in Chicago lately, it takes a little bit longer for the rooms to properly warm up and regret it this caused any inconvenience. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,911)

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I paid a little bit extra and got a suite on the top floor. It had a comfortable sitting-area, nice bed, and moderately luxurious shower. The location is but a block from some of the very hotels in Chicago so you can go to those spots for fancy drinks and eats and stay at this one for 25% of the cost.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My stay at this hotel was ok, location is great. I asked for a quiet room, reception staff was friendly and helpful. The room was ok, furnishings were a bit dated and the heating installation was old and noisy (I got earplugs so I could sleep). On the last night, my next room neighbors had some friends over and, due to the fact that the walls are very thin, I could hear them chat and laugh until 2 a.m. I could hear them even when they were speaking normally, that's how bad the walls are. Room service was ok as well, cleaning was done daily, bathroom clean, there is a coffee maker in the room with free coffee (regular &decaf). Bed was very clean and comfy, there is also an iron+ironing board in the room. I paid a good price for the room through a convention system, so I am quite satisfied with the price/quality ratio. The hotel is a good choice for travelers who just need a room to sleep in, my opinion is that other, more expensive hotels are not a whole lot better to justify the big difference in price.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing Marriott Courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gabrielle1978,
Thank you for your review. We are glad that our staff exceeded expectations during your stay! The success of our hotel is based on our friendly service, central location and great value proposition. We hope to welcome you back for a much quieter stay in the future!
Be Well,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at the Inn of Chicago on a recent business trip to Chicago. The hotel was one of the convention hotels and, as I'd often seen their ads on Groupon, I thought I'd give them a try. The positives: friendly and helpful front desk staff, terrific location just a short block away from Michigan Avenue's shopping and restaurants, free in-room internet if you join the Choice rewards program. Negatives: expensive in-room internet if you don't join Choice rewards, dusty rooms, and no room service other than through something called "OrderInn."

The room service was more than a bit of bother. Around 6pm, after a long day at my conference and being damp and cold from winter weather, I put on some sweat pants and a T to stay in my room for the evening. This is when I learned that I'd need to order food through OrderInn, but I thought I'd give it a try. The offerings were mostly greasy, cheesy things, such as jalapeno poppers and pizza. I found something that wasn't too offensive and called them (through and 800 number) to place the order. I asked for wine to go with my sandwich--but they only serve sodas and Gatorade. About 45 minutes later, the front desk called the room to say my food had arrived. I said, "Do you mean I need to come to the lobby to get it?" And, yes, I did. I did find that the hotel bar (the Innbar) will let guests take a wine or beer to their room, so I paid, sadly $13 for a split of champagne to go with my sandwich.

So, stay there if you want a budget experience in a big city; don't put your nightclothes on if you are ordering in; and bring your own beer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HarperMKE

Dear HarperMKE,
We appreciate you taking advantage of our Groupon offer! Our staff is one of the best in Chicago, and will do everything to ensure our guests as comfortable as possible. It seems our "Order Inn" service caused some inconvenience during your stay, and for that we apologize. For security purposes, we cannot allow delivery personnel come up to the guest floors, that is why we request our guests to come downstairs to pay. If given another opportunity, we hope to welcome you back for a much improved experience in the future.
Be Well,

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Booked this through Hotwire, got a great price, I would have been slightly disappointed if we had paid rack rate. The first room was over looking the plant area and very low. When I went back to the check in desk they were very polite and offered us a corner suite on high floor for a very reasonable additional charge. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I was stranded in Chicago due to bad weather , I never heard of this hotel . Lobby and outside looked nice , but when I got in my room I was shocked !! The bed was not fluffy and comfortable .. There was one thin blanket on bed and it was a little dusty !! The bathroom was remodeled and not bad but it had a old box heating system on wall and I could hear everything going on in the next room and they where not being loud .. On a nice note the door men where so nice and helpful and the the print desk was pretty nice .. I unfortunately would not want to stay here again ... Sorry to say I was not really happy !

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Wenswheels
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Wenswheels,
We regret to learn of the travel delays you encountered during your visit to Chicago! Our city endured some extreme weather in the last couple of weeks. We regret to learn if our guest room accommodations fell short of meeting expectations. Please know that our team will do everything in their power to ensure that our guests are comfortable, and hope that you communicated these inconveniences to our staff while on property. If given another opportunity, we hope to welcome you back and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is really good. My friend and I walked everywhere which was very convenient. The room itself wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible. There was only two of us so we couldn't complain.

What really annoyed me about this hotel though was the staff, in particular the staff on the front desk. The girls on front desk were not welcoming at all, they weren't friendly, they didn't even appear happy to be there. Whilst checking in they gave us no information in regards to the hotel and it's facilities, just our room number. My friend asked if there was free wifi and all we got as a response was "no" and then the lady pointed to a sign on the front desk in regards to the wifi. We just didn't feel comfortable. We preferred to go out in the freezing cold then be in our hotel. We didn't even feel comfortable asking questions because no one came across as friendly or welcoming.

I wouldn't stay here again. The location is very good especially for the price you pay, but I think I rather spend more money and actually feel welcomed.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear AdventureTime3,
Our staff does their absolute best to ensure guests leave satisfied after their stay, and we're sorry to hear if this was not the case for you. The type of service you encountered is completely unacceptable and is never our standard. Rest assured, this will be addressed with our front office manager and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It saddens us to hear that you will not be returning to us in the future, but hope that you find a hotel that exceeds expectations. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for missing the mark during your stay.