“Good location”
Review of Inn of Chicago

Inn of Chicago
Ranked #145 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel is clean and cozy. Rooms are not bad. Staff are friendly. Location is one of the biggest plus. It is located in a nice neighbourhood and walking distance to the main attraction. Good choice!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LLCoolL2013
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear LLCoolL2013,
We are glad you enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms and friendly staff at the Inn of Chicag. You truly cannot beat our close proximity to world-class shopping and popular Chicago attractions.
Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,892)

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited for independence day holiday and used the hotel parking garage. The attendants at the garage are rude, moved our vehicle and didnt tell us where they placed it. They also suddenly have a hard time understanding English when you have billing questions. After we checked out at the hotel, we lugged our bags to the garage. We told the attendant that we had checked out and were leaving. The attendant gave us our keys, we walked the whole place with bags to find our car that they had moved. We loaded our car and 10 minutes later we arrived at the gate. They wouldn't open the gate as they acted like they had never seen us before in their lives. I had to get out of the car and ask them to open the gate. The guys THEN asked to see my paid receipt. Cars were backing up behind my car at the gate. Of course I had to go back out and dig into my luggage to find the receipt which was in my hand when he handed me my keys 10 minutes earlier.

NOW he tells me the hotel didnt change me the correct rate on my bill. Apparently I owed him 16 dollars more. I didn't care to sit there arguing with him so I paid him cash and left. Fast forward. I get home and my credit card was not only charged that extra amount again but they charge me for an extra day. Fortunately I kept my paperwork that showed when we entered and exited the garage and that I paid the 16 cash.

I called the hotel three times and nobody would call me back to clear it up. I had to involve my credit card to dispute the charge. In the end it was credited back as I had all the proof. I have stayed at this property many times over the years but I will not return. If you go, be aware that the garage they use are crooks and I am confident that they do this assuming people won't check their credit card charges.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank truefangobucks
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear truefangobucks,
Thank you for sharing your frustrating experience with us. We have a separate management agreement with the parking garage company, and regret to learn of the challenges you encountered with the valet attendants upon departure. Our team would never partake in any dishonest billing activities, and we kindly ask you to contact our Hotel Manager, Nick Katinos, at: 312-573-3132 or via email at: nick.katinos@innofchicago.com to discuss this situation in more detail.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on a one night excursion to Chicago. The room we received was in poor condition. Literally, a sheet covered the bed. I called down to the front desk to either turn up the heat (as I had no control) or to bring up some blankets. Nothing arrived. We slept in our pjs with sweatshirts. I kept my jeans on. As I stared at the pealing wallpaper, I thought, "Are you kidding me?" Needless to say, we will not be coming back although the location is good.

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Cmaysen

Dear Cmaysen,
We sincerely regret to learn of the discomfort you experienced during your recent stay. It is never our standard to forget or ignore any guest request. Needless to say, this comment will be shared with our Hotel Manager to ensure that we are adhering to the strict policies we have in place. We hope to welcome you back for a much improved experience, and kindly ask you to contact our Hotel Manager, Nick Katinos, to discuss this matter in more detail. He can be reached at: 312-573-3132 or via email at: nick.katinos@innofchicago.com.
Be Well,

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Patricia at front desk is by far the rudest person I have ever encountered in a customer service. Location is great but there were hairs in the bathroom when I checked in and it was absolutely terrible.

Wifi is per device and they do not tell you that when you sign in so pay for and sign up with whichever device you will be using.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank TravelingBliss7
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear TravelingBliss7,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It disappoints us to learn about your frustrating experience at our hotel. We can assure you that Patricia is a great asset to our team, and that your situation was a rare one – one that we hope you will allow us to improve upon if given another opportunity in the future.
Be Well,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Where do I begin...my plans to KY got cancelled so I ended up having to cancel that hotel and book a new one in Chicago instead. Thought this would be a great place and it was okay...but I wouldn't come again.

Got in early, couldn't check in. They told me to check back around 3. So I did. Not ready yet. Front desk agent was not friendly, no apology, nothing. An hour later, I was finally able to check in. There's no giftshop in the hotel to be able to buy drinks but you're in downtown Chicago so there's places nearby.

Valet is $52 a night (self parking isn't much better at $48), wifi is 14.95 for 24 hours. Apparently, it's a busy weekend for Chicago but I was only one of many who had to wait an extra hour for their room. People were still waiting.

The only bright spot in the staff I encountered was Vic who worked at valet. He was very friendly and helpful when it was evident the rest of us were becoming annoyed.

Bright Spots:
There's an iHome where you can charge your phone. (The one in my room didn't work....sigh..)
Beds are very comfy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear emcarle,
Thank you for your review. We regret to learn if the delayed check-in caused any inconvenience during your stay with us. It is great to hear that Vic turned around your frustration and provided you with a delightful experience. We hope to welcome you back and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Having a central location with a great 22nd floor rooftop terrace (a must to enjoy warm summer nights in Chitown!), Inn of Chicago made for a no brainer choice especially if priced at $169/night. The bf is a choice rewards member so we got free wifi in the room.

Conveniently close to everything: Ohio street beach, Walgreens on the corner, 24 hour Dunkin Donuts across the street and Garrett Popcorn two blocks away. (important things we considered when looking for a hotel in Chitown! LOL) Staying in this area also puts you in the thick of things: shopping along Magnificent Mile, Purple Pig (drool!) and famous Portillo's hotdogs are within a 15 min. walking distance.

BUT.

The NOISE. This hotel is within 5 min. drive from a nearby hospital so, you can hear the ambulance drive by 4 - 5x a day! It's ridiculous. Even though we were pretty high up (upgraded to a HUGE corner room with great views of downtown!) the noise was just terrible. Earplugs didn't help.

It was our first time in Chicago so we wanted to be close to everything. But next time, we'll look for a much more quieter location.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JaniceCsf

Dear JaniceCsf,
Thank you for your review and choosing to stay at the Inn of Chicago. We are glad you enjoyed our 22nd floor skyline terrace and central downtown location. It disappoints us to read if the noise caused any inconvenience during your stay. Since we are only a few blocks from Northwestern Hospital, there are ambulances that drive past us quite frequently.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Obviously, a great location and safe. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Hima at the front desk during check-in. A few issues, it's definitely a 3 star hotel at best. The room was pretty small but the beds were comfortable and clean. No shelf space in the bathroom and it could've used a little cosmetic maintenance "ie" plastic lags visible in the wall. We used maid service only one of the 4 days but she forgot to restock wash cloths for us. A decent value for the negotiated price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple