My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights immediately after the Labour Day weekend and we would tell anyone who wants real value for money to try this hotel. This property is in an outstanding location - 1 block off Michigan Ave, 2 blocks north of the river and a 5 min walk to train station. First impressions were good - the lobby area is pleasant with seating areas, a bar area (we didn't usethis facility but it looked fine), a reception area and an attached coffee shop (the morning coffee and muffins we had there were good and well priced). There is also a roof terrace area with seating and some shade - was too hot for me during the day but would have been a great spot in the evening had we been around at that time of day.
The doorman was always lovely and went out of his way to help with directions, advice on how to get to places etc. The reception team member that I encoutered 3 times got the job done but was less helpful. The housekeeping staff did a good job.
We were on a high floor in a queen room (1 bed). The room was not as nice as the lobby area, it was small and nothing special but it was clean and functional. The bed was very comfortable. The air conditioner was a bit noisy however we found that just running the fan at night was enough to keep the room comfortable and the noise manageable. (However we were so exhausted each night that we could have slept in any conditions!!). We didn't have any other noise issues (from street or hallways/other rooms). The bathroom was small but functional and had updated fittings. No in room safe or fridge - the later would have been a useful feature.
Cabs are available just outside the front door. Convenience stores and sandwich shops are just across the street and with the Magnificent Mile 1 block away the options for shopping and restaurants are endless. Navy Pier, John Hancock building, Gold Coast area and beaches are all within easy walking distance (and as mentioned above the river and Loop are 2 blocks away).
I love a glam hotel and this certainly isn't one but as a tourist there was so much to do in Chicago that we were only in our room to sleep and shower. The pleasant lobby made it nice enough to leave from and return to and the location was just fantastic. We were happy to use the money we saved by booking this hotel (compared to others) to enjoy the delights of Chicago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the Windy City, without the high price, at the Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile. Just a half-block from the famed Magnificent Mile - where the city's best shopping, dining, and nightlife can be found. We offer a reasonably affordable alternative to the more expensive Chicago boutique hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Choice Hotels so you can book your Inn of Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of Chicago Magnificent Mile, An Ascend Collection Hotel Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Inn Chicago Magnificent Mile