“Great Location!”
Review of Inn of Chicago

Inn of Chicago
Ranked #150 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. The bed is comfortable, many TV channels to view and the toilet is clean. Very convenient location to both eateries and shopping malls. Free WiFi is available at the lobby and every night many guests will stay at the lobby to surf.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank blueicycle
KokuaHospitality, Guests services at Inn of Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Senior_V,

Thank you for your review. We are always pleased to hear that a guest enjoyed their stay with us. Please note that there are no fees to use the luggage cart. Some of our rooms are contemporary, but please feel free to ask for one next time you visit us. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best,
Guest Services

There are newer reviews for Inn of Chicago

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We really enjoyed the location of this hotel in proximity to good restaurants, navy pier and anywhere in the downtown core. The hotel rooms were clean and well kept but they are in need of a renovation which is apparently happening over the winter. The carpets in the hallways on every floor from what we saw were in need of being replaced. From what I could see they only had one luggage cart and wouldn't let you use it, you would have to have the bellman push it for you if you wanted for a fee. I understand a lack of space for the luggage carts in the lobby and people would probably go up and leave them on their floor, so I can see how it makes sense for the hotel but it is an inconvenience for me the customer and I actually had the manager at the time pretentiously tell me it's how a lot of downtown hotels do it, as if this was the first time I had ever stayed at a hotel of this caliber. My wife and I did not spend much time in our room over the course of our stay but it was a good stay and I would recommend staying here. I would recommend getting a king bed as the smaller rooms are close to the AC units which can be noisy if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Senior_V
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed the weekend of 9/8 and it was a great stay. The room/bathroom was small, but it's an older hotel, so we expected this. The bed was comfortable, there was no noise, and the shower was hot and good pressure. We didn't park a car, so I can't review that. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There is a fantastic upper terrace (22nd floor) overlooking the city with great outdoor furniture - perfect place to have a drink and relax. The best part is the location - one block away from Michigan Avenue!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear hawkeyegirl03,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value. Our location is really central in downtown Chicago and convenient for exploring the city. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Be Well,
Guest Services

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Although unsure of a non-chain hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. Nice lobby, helpful staff. My room was large, no view but didnt expect one. The hotel appears to be a quite old building re-done as a modern hotel, and they've done this well, although the "oldness" does show up here and there. The room has a window air condtioner for instance, and resulting air quality didnt work too well with my mild asthma. Not bad, but noticeable.

Rooftop terrace was a real treat. No drink service there but you can bring drinks up from the bar. And the bar was simple but quite nice, with a really personable bartender.

The location was very convenient to my meeting on Wacker Drive, where hotels would have cost much more. Only about a 10 minute walk. Or by taxi, $7.

Got this as part of a Travelocity flight/hotel package and the rate was quite good -- hotel was about $100/night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great location for a great price. You could call this a boutique hotel but it has 20 some floors. The lobby is small, but has a great coffee shop attached selling breakfast sandwiches and muffins and making excellent Euro drinks with Lavazza Italian coffee. There is a small excuse for a bar off the lobby but I saved money and bought beer and wine across the street at 7-11. The hotel is right off of Michigan Ave within walking distance of all of central downtown for those that are regular walkers. Easy walks to Navy Pier and Millenium Park. We walked up and back to Old Town and my Mother is 68 years old. The rooms are not huge the bathrooms are small, all are clean, smell clean, and have comfortable beds with fantastic pillows. The are more places to eat within walking distance than you could eat in for a month. Great deal. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are staying here it is because you are on a budget so don't complain about things that ca...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kiwitex71
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days in August. We arrived early but our room was ready. We had a room on the 3rd floor, just above the front entrance. The room was very small and the bathroom was tiny also. There was one small window, but in order to look out it you had to lean over the air conditioner. The air conditioner worked well, kept the room nice and cool. The bed was comfortable however it dipped in the middle so no matter how hard you tried not to, you always rolled to the center.
The hotel has a rooftop terrace on the 22nd floor. The view is awesome. They have some patio tables and chairs. There is a bar up there but it was not open when we were there. The best thing this hotel has going for it is the location. One block away from all the action and within walking distance of all the major attractions. I would say that our stay at this hotel was just average and I don't think we would stay there again. The room was just a little too small for us and the hotel is too old.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Great location, 1 min walk of the mile and opp is a 7/11 where we got a cuppa tea every morning which was handy, they provide a coffee machinein room but I don't drink it, gym is small but quite so not problem using machines

• Stayed: August 2012