Stayed here for my cousin's wedding in June 2010- the whole guest list stayed in the hotel, which was awesome!.
The location is unbeatable! In a side street right off the Magnificent mile, which is what Chicago is all about. So close to shops, restaurants, Millenium Park, you can walk to the beach and you can even walk to the Pier! that is quite far but I did it in midsummer, was beautiful! The only thing that was far was the metro, but I think there was a closer one that was under consrtuction.
it was great to be in the bustle of the city, but by being in a side street made it a little quieter just outside the hotel, which was good, because those streets can be packed with people so you lose each other quickly.
It is purely a hotel - a room ( very spacious, with 2 double beds, cupboard space, a TV etc) and quite a small bathroom for American standards, but well equiped with shampoo, towels etc. and a shelf to put your toiletry bag on- useful! there was a coffee maker in the room, but I am a tea drinker - no luck there.
No complaints about the rooms, clean and comfortable. We were super high up so our view wasnt too bad, but it was just other buildings, as its in the city centre.
there is a gym and a balcony - very pretty but it was mighty windy up there when I went up.
Aircon very effective - a must in hot summer!
There isnt a restaurant or any food provided, but lots of restaurants and cafes around, and the DUnkin DOnut across the street was a popular breakfast venue.
Taxi fare from central station wasnt bad- we came in on the train.
Would stay there again for the location.
Just be prepare d - its a huge hotel, lots of people, but I think only 3 lifts, so dont run out at the last minute, you may have to wait for a lift, sometimes i just used the stairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the Windy City, without the high price, at the Inn of Chicago. Just a half-block from the famed Magnificent Mile - where the city's best shopping, dining, and nightlife can be found. We offer a reasonably affordable alternative to the more expensive Chicago boutique hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Inn of Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of Chicago Magnificent Mile, An Ascend Collection Hotel Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Inn Chicago Magnificent Mile