“Great Place for Wide Variety of Latin Fare and Drink”
Review of Latinicity

Latinicity
Ranked #425 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

This is the third time I’ve eaten at Latinicity, and I’ve lived it each time. This was a business luncheon so, unfortunately, no tequila drinks were involved. But the catered buffet was excellent. I love the guacamole here, and there are so many great dishes to choose from. Can’t wait to return.

1  Thank Bonnie T

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We met my son's family here for dinner. The food was excellent! Wine and beer are available here too. We had the Chicken Tortilla Soup and it was delicious! My daughter had a huge burrito and she enjoyed it to the last bite!

There are several different restaurants in the one area. You receive a card when you first come in. You can then buy food and drinks from several of the vendors, then pay at the end of your visit at the checkout. They swipe your card and it reads everything you purchased.

Go early, as this delicious venue closes at 8pm. It's located in Block 37 on the 3rd floor of this large mall. Lots of great stores are there including the Disney Store.

We went later in the day while it wasn't crowded, so my 2 yr old grandson could play in the area while we ate our dinner. We would have liked to have spent more time there trying more of their tasty foods but we arrived too late. Be sure to give this restaurant a try!

Reviewed July 14, 2018

I had heard of this restaurant and passed by, so wanted to try. The name and advertising perhaps raised my expectations too high, because I was expecting more unique Latin American foods. Largely, they have food that Americans are used to, like tacos, burritos, and salads. I was hoping for Venezuelan arepas or pabellon criollo, or Cuban ropa vieja, or similar, but was disappointed.

It's like a food court in that you go in and visit different areas within the restaurant where you order, like at a food court. You get your items and carry them to a table to eat. Unlike a mall food court, you don't pay each vendor; they swipe a card that you're given at the entrance, and then you pay for everything purchased from all vendors at the end.

There is a nice seating area in the back. You clear your own tables, so it is also food-courty in that way; not like a restaurant. Given that this is so much of a food court, I thought it was a bit pricey for what you got. The food tasted good but it was not terribly unique. I'm glad I went once, but don't anticipate going back because there are so many other good choices in Chicago's loop.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Pros... A unique dining set-up. A number of different places to order different cuisine
. Food prepared as you order... a bit of a wait; but Heck, it takes time to get your food cooked & served "hot off the grill".
Cons... It was a cool Chicago day... and the restaurant was very chilly!!!
PS
A worker on Big Bus Tour had recommended it.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We went there to have lunch. It's a Latin food buffet place that serves a pretty good selection of different dishes. At the entry we got the card a paid ~$23 per person. That included food, fountain drinks, some smoothies and mimosa cocktails. On one hand if you plan to spend a lot of time in the place drinking - it's a great bargain. For us, one cocktail was enough, because we had to go.
Overall I like the food, one can definitely find the food they want.

Been to Latinicity? Share your experiences!