“A glorified food court”

Ranked #430 of 10,730 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed July 14, 2018

I had heard of this restaurant and passed by, so wanted to try. The name and advertising perhaps raised my expectations too high, because I was expecting more unique Latin American foods. Largely, they have food that Americans are used to, like tacos, burritos, and salads. I was hoping for Venezuelan arepas or pabellon criollo, or Cuban ropa vieja, or similar, but was disappointed.

It's like a food court in that you go in and visit different areas within the restaurant where you order, like at a food court. You get your items and carry them to a table to eat. Unlike a mall food court, you don't pay each vendor; they swipe a card that you're given at the entrance, and then you pay for everything purchased from all vendors at the end.

There is a nice seating area in the back. You clear your own tables, so it is also food-courty in that way; not like a restaurant. Given that this is so much of a food court, I thought it was a bit pricey for what you got. The food tasted good but it was not terribly unique. I'm glad I went once, but don't anticipate going back because there are so many other good choices in Chicago's loop.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Pros... A unique dining set-up. A number of different places to order different cuisine
. Food prepared as you order... a bit of a wait; but Heck, it takes time to get your food cooked & served "hot off the grill".
Cons... It was a cool Chicago day... and the restaurant was very chilly!!!
PS
A worker on Big Bus Tour had recommended it.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We went there to have lunch. It's a Latin food buffet place that serves a pretty good selection of different dishes. At the entry we got the card a paid ~$23 per person. That included food, fountain drinks, some smoothies and mimosa cocktails. On one hand if you plan to spend a lot of time in the place drinking - it's a great bargain. For us, one cocktail was enough, because we had to go.
Overall I like the food, one can definitely find the food they want.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

The food was good, but I’m not too thrilled about the entire setup. There are multiple restaurants and every time we go it’s always an extensive wait to order food. Other than that it’s a nice place to grab a bite to eat.

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Much better offer than Revival. More unique and authentic offer. Surprised there are not more like this.

Been to Latinicity? Share your experiences!