“Awesome!!!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$38.15*
and up
Chicago's Premier Escape Room!
Ranked #4 of 113 Fun & Games in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience the ultimate reality escape at Fox in a Box - Chicago! Our exceptional escape room adventures are ideal for families, corporate team-building groups and friends just looking for a fun and engaging brain-twisting challenge. Themed missions accommodate teams of 2-6 people and have a 60-minute time limit.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 20, 2018

We did the Lab room and it was so amazing!!! The experience was so immersive and the puzzles were hard but not hard enough where it was impossible. We weren't aware that it had to do with zombies (because someone didn't read the description) so we took my younger sister with us. Unfortunately she has a phobia of zombies and about 10 minutes in we had to take her out. BUT the staff were so nice that they let her give us the clues while she sat behind the counter and she was able to enjoy herself too!!! The staff were absolutely sweet and so cool. They made the experience so fun for the family.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Ricky H, Manager at Fox in a Box Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review! We're sorry about that mishap - but we're glad that everything went well and she was able to still have fun and still be a part of the group!

All reviews
in 99 reviews
"yasmine"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed March 17, 2018

A friend and I did The Bank a little over a week ago. It was my first experience and his second with escape rooms and Fox In A Box. It was a challenging room but our game master, Kenzie, provided the right level of assistance and made the experience a lot of fun and feel well balanced given that there were only the two of us. I do appreciate that you can book a private room for just two people. My friend and I thought it would have been awesome if we could have somehow watched the next group play through the room to see how they would do based our experience just playing through it. My only complaint would be that it would have been nice if the room felt slightly more cohesive in its theming and puzzles. All in all we had a great time and I'm eager to come back to try the other rooms. In fact I just booked my next experience.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Fox in a Box is one of the best escape rooms I have ever been too! Is very high tech and the hints are actually helpful! Loved that they had a charging station inside the locked locker to charge your phone to discourage photos of the room being taken. Make the escape room experience personal to your group. Would definitely recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, Addison! We're glad that you enjoyed our hint system since we do things a touch differently than other escape rooms. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Went to Fox in a Box as part of my friends bachelorette trip to Chicago. It was super simple to book the room the night before and we didn't have any issues finding the place. It is tucked downstairs but follow the hallway and you'll run right into it! We were one of the first groups to arrive after they had opened and we were quickly welcomed in and given the opportunity to put our coats and bags into a locked locker while we did the game. Our game manager, Lindsey, was super nice and joked around with us and put us in a great mindset before we even entered the room. The room itself was really well-decorated and definitely put us into the bank robbing mood! We loved that we could book an entire room for just ourselves without having to pay any more than we normally would for the experience. The Bank escape room was a lot of fun and even though we didn't escape in time, we were engaged the whole time and were thankful for the unlimited hints! It was a tough escape room and we used Lindsey's help a lot more than we should be willing to admit but it was a blast and we would highly recommend it to anyone in the Chicago area!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you taking the time to write this review. First of all, congratulations! Second, we're glad that you had fun here at Fox in a Box with Lindsey! We are pretty tucked away and a bit hard to find at first, but it gets you in the right mindset before you even walk into our doors and into our games!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2018

I went to Fox in a box last week with two of my friends. we had too much fun trying to escape from prison in an hour. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it, however, we really enjoyed it. I won't spoil the game.. despite I'm well-known as a movie spoiler lol. I highly recommend u to vist this place and check out their games. it worth a shot, trust me on this! I also would thank Bruse, I hope I spelled his name correctly. he is so helpful guy with welcoming, amazing personality. I recommend to ask for him in case you need any help.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review! Our rooms are all pretty difficult and are designed for about 4-6 people. The exploration is hard with three people but I'm glad you all still had fun! Hope to have you back soon!