“Very nice experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gage

The Gage
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Madison
Transit: The Brown, Purple, Green, Orange and Pink Lines drop you off at Madison St. and Wabash St. (just a few blocks from the restaurant). The Red Line drops you off at Monroe St. and State St. (just a few blocks from the restaurant. The 3, 4, X4, 14, 26, 127, 145, 147, 148, and 151 bus routes all stop within a block of the restaurant.
Description: The Gage is an iconic restaurant and tavern on Michigan ave. We invite you to savor our delicious, upscale comfort food, fine wines, boutique beers and whiskeys while enjoying the relaxing ambience of our vintage decor.
Homer Glen, Illinois
“Very nice experience.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Located right across from Millenium Park, The Gage is truely a high end Irish experience. Inventive menu with traditional and not so traditional selections. Everything we had was great.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilton Manors, Florida
“Awesome place”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Celebrated my 50th birthday here with a group of 10 on a Saturday night. We had requested to sit near the back where it was quieter and this helped a lot for our big group in being able to hear cause the place is loud.

Some other friends had a bottle of champagne sent to me for the night, which was really special.

Everyone enjoyed their food and desserts. I had the scallops/short ribs. Was a weird combo, but tasted great. Also tried the lobster and grits and that was excellent. The warm butter cake for dessert was amazing. I had it without the pears.

Service was excellent, attentive but not overly so.

All in all it was a night to remember. I highly recommend The Gage!

Visited February 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food, nice atmosphere, great service and location!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked The Gage based on the recommendation of a friend/Chicago native. I booked via Opentable for Wednesday @ 11 am. Unfortunately, my flight was delayed and didn't arrive at Midway until 10:45. I called The Gage from the plane @ 10:45 and cancelled the reservation.

After checking in my hotel, I decided to walk to The Gage. Fortunately, there were seats available in the bar area. I ordered the basic burger and fries. The food was very good, the service even better.

The next morning I received a no-show email from Opentable Obviously, the lady that I spoke to when I cancelled my reservation did not cancel my reservation properly and I had to write an email to Opentable explaining that I did in fact cancel my reservation. I received a followup email from Opentable the next day saying that they had taken the no show off my dining record. All is good!

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Jar of pickles”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Moscow Mule was real real good. I got the burger and didn't regret it, it was very good and their fries are thin and perfect. I would also recommend the fondue and the jar of pickles olives and feta.

Belmont Shore, California
“Fun lunch after the Art Institute”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a great place for a drink and lunch after visiting the Art Institute. Drinks inventive and great gastropub food.