Tripadvisor
Chicago
2,729 results
All reviews grant park mercat a la planxa al capone the concierge lounge buckingham fountain art institute soldier field a lake view room beautiful hotel michigan avenue the museum campus sliding door classic hotel south loop shedd aquarium rain shower large bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent a few lovely days in Chicago and specifically at the Blackstone Autograph while visiting with friends. I was there September 20 -24th 2019 - spending two nights your lovely and charming hotel.
This was my first time visiting the Windy City and I absolutely loved every minute of my time there - but what made my visit EXTRA special was meeting one of your employees at the front desk! Alexa was so warm, welcoming, friendly and had a great sense of humor ( which matched mine lol) . Upon meeting Alexa she checked me in, tucked my bags in the storage area and gave me great suggestions for my walk with my camera - Alexa asked me as I was leaving the hotel if there was anything else I needed. I replied with a " a good man, tall, dark and handsome" .... we both laughed out loud and I was laughing as I headed out to spend my day sightseeing.
Upon my return to the hotel and after a full day walking and capturing the sites of the city - I was greeted with a lovely card ( attached in this email) with a note from Alexa that MADE MY DAY! In addition to the thoughtful card she had attached a voucher for two drinks to be used at the hotel bar.
I have to tell you that the professionalism, kindness, thoughtfulness and smile displayed by Alexa left quite an impression on me and I wanted to take the time to show my appreciation for my interaction with her.
Dona

Room tip: friendly staff, great location
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank DonaMarie333
Pierre-Louis G, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for this wonderful review following your recent stay. I am glad the team made such an impression on you and especially Alexa. The note is definitely the icing on the cake and I will share your comments with her and team to serve as a great example of hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have the pleasure of staying at this hotel for work during the coldest month of the year. The Blackstone is warm and inviting. Has amazing art and so much history that is playfully incorporated in the interior design. Rooms are all updated and have great bedding. The attached tapas restaurant is hip and elegantly decorated. Concierge lounge provides breakfast, dinner apps and drinks. Full service hotel is my ideal when working long days. The hospitality staff is superb. Norma and Tekoa ensure coffee and food are ready to go in the am. This is a great place to stay for both business and pleasure. I feel very fancy being able to call this my second home. Enjoy!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Laura-5280

Laura, thank you for the detailed review and I am very glad to read that Norma and Tekoa made such an impression on you. I will share these comments with them as I know they will be very excited to know they impacted your stay like this. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

We arrived from Milwaukee in order to have the chance to see Downtown for the rest of the day, as we will fly to Mexico next morning.

Since our arrival, the service was Great!, Javier and David took good car of my family and I, help us with the baggage and hlep us through the lobby.
Hotel room was great, room was very clean and organized.
bathroom was also very clean and the design was beautiful.
Our overall experience is 5 star, and also we wre trying to book here in our past travels to chicago, but the availability and prices were hard.
Now we got an excellent deal and the date was available!, thanks again to all the team at the Blackstone!

Room tip: Please ask for view to the park!
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank oscardJ1164XE
Pierre-Louis G, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Oscar, so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I trust your trip to Mexico is going well. Can't wait to welcoming you back soon in 2020. I will also share your nice comments about Javier and David as I know they will be thrilled to read they made such an impact on your experience. See you again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2020

We stayed two nights in the hotel from Dec 30 to Jan 1, 2019 so during NYE celebrations. The hotel is a cute and comfy boutique hotel which is nicely decorated. The entire staff including housekeeping are friendly and accommodating and hard-working. The hotel rooms are clean and well taken care of.

The hotel is conveniently located and a nice walking distance to Magnificent Mile and all the tourist activities such as the Bean, art museum, etc. Awesome location.

The only thing I did not like was the food served in the bar area. We never ate dinner at the hotel but we had drinks and appetizers in the bar. Service was subpar but it was not the bartender's fault. They were short-staffed and the food was not so good. Perhaps the full restaurant menu is good.

The complimentary breakfast is delicious and they also have a daily happy hour with appetizer food, beer and wine.

I would stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: December 2019

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for spending the New Year at The Blackstone! I see that you apparently ran into some opportunities and I will certainly share these comments with the team. It will serve as great re-training ground for the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We stayed 3 days with 2 rooms and were so welcomed by everyone in the staff as well as other guests. One of the best hotels I have stayed at ever! I travel mostly out of the country yet have a son at Great Lakes in the Navy. Many of the valets served also and were kind, informative and also served. Everyone made sure they thanked my son and showed true Grace during our stay.

Room tip: We tipped everyone for their amazing personalities and fast service!
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ASR3497
Pierre-Louis G, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

I am thrilled to read your review and want to thank your Son for his service as well. We certainly are able to appreciate a wonderful life in this country thanks in part to people like him. You should be very proud. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.