“Very swanky.”

Ranked #39 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Joplin, Missouri
“Very swanky.”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed here for a conference. Rooms are modern, not very spacious but we weren't there much. Convenient to grant park and the museum complex. On site restaurant is very nice but pricey. Try it at lunch for a more affordable meal. Only 3 blocks away from a Red line station. Parking is very expensive and is valet only.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Korean first
BOS
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Great stay at a fabulous hotel! We got an outstanding price @ $75 per night and as a MR Gold member I was upgraded to a concierge level corner room! Check-in was a quick and professional and we were on our way to the room in a few minutes (checking in 2 hours before check-in time). The room was furnished in modern decors and the bed was perfect. Everything was clean, modern and working. Another highlight is the concierge lounge on the top floor which featured a good selection of hot and cold snacks in the evening as well a breakfast selection (which was a bit on the small side). We'll definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Michigan
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed at the Blackstone March 20-22 for the Shamrock Shuffle. This hotel was the perfect locattion for the race as the park & starting point were right across the street though it is further from other attractions. The service was great and we took the hotel's advice on two places to eat and they were great!

Kansas City
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My daughter and I spent the weekend in Chicago and thoroughly enjoyed the Blackstone. It is both funky and beautiful all at the same time. We also appreciate the all of the history that has happened here. The check-in was efficient and pleasant, with excellent service throughout our stay. The doormen always greeted us as we had lived there forever. We enjoyed being walking distance to Millennium Park and the Art Institute of Chicago (and it was free on Thursday evenings--helpful hint to fellow tourists).
We also highly recommend The Gage for dinner, across from Milennium Park after you check out the art. Also, grab some breakfast at Yolk, a few blocks south on Michigan. It was delicious and very reasonable.
Back at the Blackstone, the beds were excellent and I was very pleased to have Aveda amenities.
I would most definitely stay at the Blackstone again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mom2amywill
Woodstock, Illinois
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Stayed at the Blackstone overnight for race Shamrock Shuffle. What a great location for the race - runners go right by front of hotel and there is a Starbucks downstairs. The hotel was great, it was their 100 year anniversary and I booked the $100 anniversary special. The hotel has the great old feel architecture but all of the inside looks like it has been newly done. The decor in the rooms and hallways is art deco (I believe). The bed has lots of pillows with a white down comforter. The bathroom has the rain water showerhead (may have to get one of those) and the shampoo, etc. is Aveda. There is also a mounted flat screen tv (basketball tournament was on). We would definitely stay there again for the race, the park is right across the street, however, it was a hike to the Pier and the downtown shopping. Great room, great service.

sydney
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed in a standard room at a special discounted rate through trip advisor. The room was extremely clean and nice design. I didn't utilise any of the services of the hotel, though they did provide free internet connection.

The only problem we had was accidentally turning off fridge at the safety board, but a quick phone call and 5 minutes later the problem was fixed and we were shown how not to do it again.

Bed was a great sleep though not too much to look at out the window, which didn't bother me as I never intended to see Chicago from inside a hotel.

Great place to stay and would happily choose this hotel again.

1 Thank stevedabs
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I really liked this hotel, it was very fancy and very nice. My boyfriend and I stayed for a weekend and I would stay there again. The room was a very nice size, it wasn't crammed. There were two things I didn't like though. One was that the sheets or blankets weren't very soft, I was laying on my stomach propped up on my elbows watching a movie and I got what was similar to rugburn on my elbows. The other is that the walls were kind of thin, we heard out neighbors when they came back to their room in the middle of the night, I doubt they were talking very loud, but it sounded like they were in the room with us. Everything else was very nice, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room (asaide from the blanket thing) was very comfortable. It's at a good location too, we walked there from the train station and walked to the Field Museum one day. If I go for another weekend downtown I'd definitely stay there!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple