WOW!!! What a GREAT find! I just returned from a wonderful trip to Chicago and staying at The Blackstone was definitely a highlight! From the moment we arrived we received nothing but top of the line service.....every person on the staff was over the top friendly, courteous and helpful. The rooms were SPACIOUS and GORGEOUS. Obviously recently updated, our room had a marble entry and bathroom, the beds had down comforters, a plasma TV on the wall, and plenty of room to spread out! It was quiet and very clean. There is a nice business center with two computers with free internet access and printers (this was great to research directions or restaurants). It is directly across the street from Grant Park and there are a few eateries within a few blocks. One night we came back to the hotel late (around 11pm or so) and wanted to order pizza.....the woman at the front desk provided us with three different brochures of nearby places that deliver! Our midnight snack was delicious! As far as getting around, the subway is about 2 blocks away, however we found that the buses were super convenient and easy to use.....or, we walked! We were two single gals traveling together and we never felt unsafe anywhere around the hotel (or, anywhere in Chicago). We paid $99/night in mid-April for two queen beds.....what a steal! I even booked on the Marriott website so I didn't have to pre-pay and could cancel up until 4pm on our arrival date if needs be. Luckily that wasn't the case! We were told by a local that this hotel used to fall into the "seedy" category, however it was recently purchased by Marriott and they are trying to turn around it's previous reputation. So far, I believe they are doing a FABULOUS job!!! I would HIGHLY recommend this property to anyone staying in Chicago.....a great hotel and great location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover a legend with the revival of historic Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel in Chicago! Meticulously restored to its original grandeur, the acclaimed Blackstone Hotel is back with 332 unique and luxurious guestrooms. Once hailed as "the premier hotel of Chicago" and the "Hotel of Presidents, the staff is eager to welcome you back to this Landmark, and share a story or two with you from our rich history. What will be your story? The Blackstone. How Chicago. Legendary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance