My family of four stayed here for a long weekend in Chicago. We all absolutely loved the Blackstone. The room was very contemporary, while the public areas of the hotel maintained the building's historic charm. The bathroom was large, the shower more than adequate, and the entire room very clean (and I am a very picky traveler when it comes to cleanliness). The location, while a little away from the excitement of most attractions, was right on the bus line and directly across from Grant Park. It was very easy to zip across the street each morning and catch the bus. The staff was accomodating, and I don't think I've ever encountered bell hops who were more pleasant and helpful. This hotel is a definite keeper, and one that you don't want to miss if you're visiting Chicago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance